• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next Year Tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

The sweet is never as sweet without the sour. We were spoiled with success early on and having to pay our dues it seems...things will turn around I know it. Not sure if Cwt will be the coach that does it.

I'll be back and I will have a infant next year. Just get cheaper tickets if you dont want to drop alot of money.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

If my wife or child is sick, I'll always be there and support. I'll never stopped buying season tickets! :)

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I stopped buying season tickets years ago. I dont think I have spent more than 8 bucks on a ticket this year. I may not even go to the UCF game if I got free tickets. We are playing for nothing and are likely to get spanked, combine that with dealing from the trash at UCF and it seems like a horrible way to spend my Friday.

I understand we are not playing for a bowl or championship but we are playing UCF. Despite our record it still means something and we are playing for pride. Nobody here wants to lose to UCF. This is our rivalry game and this is a big game within our fan base. I understand if we were playing someone else like Temple or Memphis, but this is UCF we are talking about. Still a fun game to watch or get excited about despite our record. Besides winning a title and championship another top priority is to beat them

"fans" like florida sports fan are exactly what's wrong with this program. we will never compete with top programs if we have to rely on "fans" like him.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

I am curious what magic Harlan can pull out of his hat.  I was thinking of buying one cheap ticket (can't get anyone to go in on tickets anymore), and then maybe hitting a few road games instead for actual college FB environments.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

I truly hope Mr. Harlan is putting in place a total revamp of the season ticket process and pricing next year.  Without it, there will be no support as people will not renew and just buy single tickets (probably on the secondary market for way less than face value) for half of the home games they can attend when their Saturday is completely open - no kids birthdays, soccer games, in-laws birthdays, help neighbor sod the lawn, pay bills, open mail and a number of other high priority commitments.

Seriously, he should offer to move us long-time season ticket holders in donor areas to better/upgraded sections for the same donation and ticket price plus throw in a few perks (free Bulls Club tailgate at a couple games?).  I want so bad to continue to support my team with season tickets but it's going to be tough without some kind of upgrade or new perks.  I guess I'm starting to feel the same way that many other posters on here are about not renewing for next year.  I've heard the chatter around me all season from others who are questioning the value proposition after more than a decade of renewals.

There are talks of doing something.  Im not going to say who told me but its someone reliable within athletics.   We had a nice long discussion a few weeks ago.  Don't be surprised to see USF  OFFER some incentives ( discounts,  upgrade options at current donation levels to a better seat, ability to add seats without having to pay more donor fees, payment plans  ect...   (they are discussing a lot)
My group has a block of 12 seats and it's been hard to fill them this season. It would be good to see some type of incentive from USF to renew. I don't think the option of adding more seats would do it. The carrot they dangle would have to be better seats for the same price to make it really appealing. Or shoulder rub from Sundolls at halftime, something like that.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

The sweet is never as sweet without the sour. We were spoiled with success early on and having to pay our dues it seems...things will turn around I know it. Not sure if Cwt will be the coach that does it.

I'll be back and I will have a infant next year. Just get cheaper tickets if you dont want to drop alot of money.

As a charter season ticket holder of the Bucs, this is absolutely spot on ... but like you said, it's been the reverse here with "success" early and the hard times coming now. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

I truly hope Mr. Harlan is putting in place a total revamp of the season ticket process and pricing next year.  Without it, there will be no support as people will not renew and just buy single tickets (probably on the secondary market for way less than face value) for half of the home games they can attend when their Saturday is completely open - no kids birthdays, soccer games, in-laws birthdays, help neighbor sod the lawn, pay bills, open mail and a number of other high priority commitments.

Seriously, he should offer to move us long-time season ticket holders in donor areas to better/upgraded sections for the same donation and ticket price plus throw in a few perks (free Bulls Club tailgate at a couple games?).  I want so bad to continue to support my team with season tickets but it's going to be tough without some kind of upgrade or new perks.  I guess I'm starting to feel the same way that many other posters on here are about not renewing for next year.  I've heard the chatter around me all season from others who are questioning the value proposition after more than a decade of renewals.

There are talks of doing something.  Im not going to say who told me but its someone reliable within athletics.   We had a nice long discussion a few weeks ago.  Don't be surprised to see USF  OFFER some incentives ( discounts,  upgrade options at current donation levels to a better seat, ability to add seats without having to pay more donor fees, payment plans  ect...   (they are discussing a lot)
My group has a block of 12 seats and it's been hard to fill them this season. It would be good to see some type of incentive from USF to renew. I don't think the option of adding more seats would do it. The carrot they dangle would have to be better seats for the same price to make it really appealing. Or shoulder rub from Sundolls at halftime, something like that.

In light of the last 3 years, I would think they're going to have to do something to keep the non die hards from dropping ...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

In light of the last 3 years, I would think they're going to have to do something to keep the non die hards from dropping ...

It would be nice for them to show some appreciation for those that are sticking around with a section upgrade

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

Just keep in mind that if attendance drops below a certain level, we could be down graded and put into a lesser conference. That will make it that much harder to move back up and then try to get into any conference, including the AAC.

I will renew for the sake of the players and the school. But I will make sure Harlan and Pres. G know exactly how I feel and why in other ways rather than not renewing. And this board is not the way or place to do it.

By not renewing you are only hurting the players. They aren't at fault, the coaching staff is the problem. And I believe Harlan knows it and will deal with it in short order, since our season ends in a week. If he doesn't, I will be very surprised.

Enough of this downgrade nonsense. I don't see FAU or FIU or SMU getting this treatment. Who are they going to replace us with?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

For the record,I have had  3 season tickets for the last 8 years and other family members of ours have 5 so there is usually 8 of us that tailgate together.  BTW, the number has slowly dwindled.  I haven't yet spoken with my other family members, but I will renew my tickets borrowing some financial crisis because I love college football and my Bulls.   Having said that, I would like to see Taggart fired as he hasn't shown me anything to say he can turn this around, but unfortunately that isn't going to happen. 

The bottom line is this.  Let's assume the season plays out like as expected.  We lose to UCF by a similar score to the Memphis game.  There is some stupid play calling and mismanagement of the QB situation again by Taggart and we go in to the offseason and Taggart is still our coach.  How does Harlan sell this program in the offseason to the fans, alumni, community and donors?  What optimism is in the letter he sends to season ticket holders asking them to renew?  What does he say when they go on the Booster tour through the state of Florida?  Maybe more perks and a price reduction on tickets as has been mentioned here.  The dude is between a rock and a hard place.  I believe he's seen enough to believe Taggart isn't the answer.  All that's left for him is the timing and the finances. 

Go Bulls!