• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I seen enough from the Memphis game to say that CWT........

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Offense did decent..some very questionable calls though.

Most disappointed in the defense they look like they gave up. Some of the worse tackling I have ever seen in a usf game.

I know we are a young team and Memphis is loaded with seniors but if usf tackles that's a really close game.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

deserves another year to get this turned around. Vegas had USF losing by 20 pts to Memphis, but USF was able to keep it at 11 points. CWT is on the right track with recruiting. He played a lot of Fr and Sophs that will be better. Things are looking up for USF. Keep the faith and give CWT one more season.

What did you see in this game that would lead you to believe things will be better next year? You do realize that Mcfarland and Davis are graduating. Besides those two, the rest of the offense was 1 play by Mack for 75 yards. We only had another 17 yards on ground. That is pretty bad for a run oriented offense.

Or was it the 3 timeouts we had to call because Taggart didn't get the plays in until there were only 12 seconds left on the play clock.

The majority of the Freshman that are positively contributing are defense. That defense gave up almost 500 yards. There have been at least 3 games where they have given up over 300 yards in a half.

I get that the OP likes to look at the bright side of things, but the reality is there doesn't appear to be any positive progression from the coaching staff unless there are major changes to their approach.

The freshmen RBs are very good, but even if they improve even more next year, what will that bring to the team. Mack is already the conference rushing leader and we still can't keep games against the top half of the league competitive into the 4th quarter.

At this point I see the problems more at the coaching schemes, SITUATIONAL play calling and team preparation than with the talent.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

deserves another year to get this turned around. Vegas had USF losing by 20 pts to Memphis, but USF was able to keep it at 11 points. CWT is on the right track with recruiting. He played a lot of Fr and Sophs that will be better. Things are looking up for USF. Keep the faith and give CWT one more season.

What did you see in this game that would lead you to believe things will be better next year? You do realize that Mcfarland and Davis are graduating. Besides those two, the rest of the offense was 1 play by Mack for 75 yards. We only had another 17 yards on ground. That is pretty bad for a run oriented offense.

Or was it the 3 timeouts we had to call because Taggart didn't get the plays in until there were only 12 seconds left on the play clock.

The majority of the Freshman that are positively contributing are defense. That defense gave up almost 500 yards. There have been at least 3 games where they have given up over 300 yards in a half.

I get that the OP likes to look at the bright side of things, but the reality is there doesn't appear to be any positive progression from the coaching staff unless there are major changes to their approach.

The freshmen RBs are very good, but even if they improve even more next year, what will that bring to the team. Mack is already the conference rushing leader and we still can't keep games against the top half of the league competitive into the 4th quarter.

At this point I see the problems more at the coaching schemes, SITUATIONAL play calling and team preparation than with the talent.

They have given up over 300 yards in a half I believe 5 times. That is the difference between winning 4 games and wininng 7 games at this point. UCfs offense is just as bad and they have 7 wins but the #2 total defense.

Taggart had a top 8 RB in the country for 2 years at Western Kentucky. that's how much improvement the running game can make especially with the o-linemen he is bringing in. Mack has had a terrific year and he is only 39th in the country. add another 700 yards per year to his total to get where his backs at WKU finished.

Not sure if you are new to USF football but Leavitt and Holtz were both terrible with their timeouts. situational play calling was awful at times as well. (voo doo five-settling for  FG on 3rd down from 2 yard line with 10 seconds left in half).

personally i like the offensive scheme. it will obviously take time to build a decent o-line and it's tough to run it with a very young QB. our offenses have never really been ranked higher than 60ish in the past consistently. I think TEs and FBs have been a bright spot in our offense. Swanson is a very good football player. McFarland has done o.k. although I thought play call to him in endzone yesterday was dumb when you had #7 in man coverage.

I do wish our defense was more aggressive like it was back in leavitt's day.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  0

How can you say there hasnt been positive progression?  We have doubled our win total from last season; +1 progression.  Offensive numbers are up accross the board (yards, tds, scoring); +2 progression,

Rebuilding a program from the ground up takes time.  If you think this was gonna happen over night then you are sadly mistaken and might as well stop reading and posting on message boards as it will just give you a headache.  CWT will get atleast 2 more years to right the ship. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Besides those two, the rest of the offense was 1 play by Mack for 75 yards. We only had another 17 yards on ground. That is pretty bad for a run oriented offense.

The Mack explosion against WCU and subsequent passing of 1000 yards has really disguised the fact that our run game has been extremely ineffective this year. We are the 112th best rushing attack in the country. If Mack isn't breaking a 70 yard run then we have no success.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

Besides those two, the rest of the offense was 1 play by Mack for 75 yards. We only had another 17 yards on ground. That is pretty bad for a run oriented offense.
The Mack explosion against WCU and subsequent passing of 1000 yards has really disguised the fact that our run game has been extremely ineffective this year. We are the 112th best rushing attack in the country. If Mack isn't breaking a 70 yard run then we have no success.
This

Take away Macks 75 yard touchdown run and how many rushing yards did we have

Replace SMU and Tulsa with Louisville and Rutgers and what would we have?

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698

I saved money this year on tickets and it looks like next year too...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

It's a tough pill to swallow, to think we may need to endure another full season of this to find out if CWT can build a winner. I'm certainly having my doubts like everyone else, but I think 1 or 2 games into next season and all the opinions will begin to align--one way or the other. If the product is more of the same, they may as well just go ahead & move all our games to a local high school and save the RJS overhead. It'll be empty.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

They have given up over 300 yards in a half I believe 5 times. That is the difference between winning 4 games and wininng 7 games at this point. UCfs offense is just as bad and they have 7 wins but the #2 total defense.

Taggart had a top 8 RB in the country for 2 years at Western Kentucky. that's how much improvement the running game can make especially with the o-linemen he is bringing in. Mack has had a terrific year and he is only 39th in the country. add another 700 yards per year to his total to get where his backs at WKU finished.

Not sure if you are new to USF football but Leavitt and Holtz were both terrible with their timeouts. situational play calling was awful at times as well. (voo doo five-settling for FG on 3rd down from 2 yard line with 10 seconds left in half).

personally i like the offensive scheme. it will obviously take time to build a decent o-line and it's tough to run it with a very young QB. our offenses have never really been ranked higher than 60ish in the past consistently. I think TEs and FBs have been a bright spot in our offense. Swanson is a very good football player. McFarland has done o.k. although I thought play call to him in endzone yesterday was dumb when you had #7 in man coverage.

You almost make my points for me.

Taggart had the 8th best running back in the country, even with one of the most productive TEs in the country and yet, with the exception of 3 or 4 wins during his entire tenure at WKU all of the wins were vs extremely bad teams. Most were agains 2 or 3 win bottom dwellars.

McFarland graduates, Price probably has more holding calls than receptions during his career and 3/5 of the OL will be playing together for the first time next year.

This is not a debate about what happened with previous regimes, although I do agree both former coaches left some play calling to be desired. This is about what Taggart can do. There are just times when he is confused about how to adjust to an adjustment made against him.

He has not proven, during his time here or even during his previous coachong experience that this offense will produce a proven winner. Another 700 yards will just be padding stats.

There has been nothing. NOTHING, to show this team is on the way up.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

Not sure if you are new to USF football but Leavitt and Holtz were both terrible with their timeouts. situational play calling was awful at times as well. (voo doo five-settling for FG on 3rd down from 2 yard line with 10 seconds left in half).

You almost make my points for me.

Taggart had the 8th best running back in the country, even with one of the most productive TEs in the country and yet, with the exception of 3 or 4 wins during his entire tenure at WKU all of the wins were vs extremely bad teams. Most were agains 2 or 3 win bottom dwellars.

McFarland graduates, Price probably has more holding calls than receptions during his career and 3/5 of the OL will be playing together for the first time next year.

This is not a debate about what happened with previous regimes, although I do agree both former coaches left some play calling to be desired. This is about what Taggart can do. There are just times when he is confused about how to adjust to an adjustment made against him.

He has not proven, during his time here or even during his previous coachong experience that this offense will produce a proven winner. Another 700 yards will just be padding stats.

There has been nothing. NOTHING, to show this team is on the way up.

This