• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF fans from UCF fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

Bulls fans,

I watched your game tonight and have caught pieces of several games this year. As bad as you think your team is..well..your not that bad. Consistency is key and that has lacked especially at the QB position. You guys pounded your chest about your recruiting class and how much better it was than UCF's and I told a few of you that Tyler Harris made our class better. I am not trying to throw that in your face, but point out that Taggart lack of signing a legit qb prospect is what is killing you..I know..capt. obvious.

Anyways, as bad as you think this is..it really isn't if you consider how long Taggart has had. You can see he has signed alot of talEnt and realistically that won't pay off until 2015..2016. Had he found a good transfer qb or otherwise you guys could be at the top of the conference.

I expect Friday to be very competitive and think the usf defense will be the best we have played outside mizzou. White is coming along and is showing flashes.

For the record, I of all people can understand your frustration. However, I think many of you are wrong and it is too early to think Taggart isn't cutting it. Now, I will say, he has done some dumb stuff. I really scratched my head at substituting Quinton flowers on that one drive. Taggart does have room to improve.

Realistically though, there is no magic bullet, no quick fix, no overnight solution and some of you just aren't being realistic. I think your fanbase has a sense if entitlement of whigh in have no idea why you do. Perhaps it was your meteoric rise that gave you this, but college football is a game of ebb and flow. USF will be back, just not on your timeline. That is how it will be..you can't change it..trust me..I know.

If Willie Taggart wins less than 6 games next years then you fire him. Otherwise, you just don't build these things overnight. Looking foforward to the game Friday. It will be a close game. USF will play their best game and we should match the intensity. ..hopefully. We have a better QB and better secondary, but everything else is a wash.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,606
  • Days Won:  51

Go away. UCF still sucks

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Go away. UCF still sucks

This is why we cant have nice things. But hey u are entitled to your opinion

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Our recruiting class was head and shoulders better than yours. Thank god for us that O'Leary can't recruit or we would've lost by 100 last year and would lose by 85 this year to you guys. The majority of our "big gets" from that class are red shirting. Jimmy Bayes, Vincent Jackson Jr, Zach Hudson, Benjamin Knox, Tyre McCants, etc. 

I think it's pretty easy for someone as yourself, a fan of a team that has won double digit games 3 or 4 times in the last 6 years or something *(even though it's simply beating up on the bottom of college football every year) to tell us "it's not that bad". Taggart hasn't had long enough yet to really have a legit shot at making things good here, but you simply haven't watched enough Bulls football from last year to this year if you think we've had enough improvement for people to be satisfied with the job he has done. There are teams out there that do 10 times more with way less for this to continue for so long. 

Obviously I shouldn't be one to talk about QB play, but your QBs are not very good and your team is in position to win 8 or 9 games this year. Take away two games against the worst 2 schools in college football (SMU and Tulsa) and Holman has been average at best, if that. You have a very veteran defense if I'm not mistaken(I cannot wait for 8-10 starters to graduate after this season). Coaching at UCF has obviously been good and with a weak schedule it's worked out wonderfully...

• Content Count:  60

Wow..smh 24. Somewhat delusional. You mangaged to turn decent thread potential into a proposed pi$$ING match..i'll pass.

Edited by jdbash

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Wow..smh 24. Somewhat delusional. You mangaged to turn decent thread potential into a proposed pi$$ING match..i'll pass.

Whatever you say big dog. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,404
  • Days Won:  13

If I were a UCF fan I'd be elated with Taggart at USF, his game plans and use of players is just awful.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,606
  • Days Won:  51

Go away. UCF still sucks

This is why we cant have nice things. But hey u are entitled to your opinion

Sorry, I had a bad day. Don't need any UCiF pep talks

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

A UCF fan comes with a pretty peaceful message and we jump on it? Come on guys, keep it civil and enjoy the unusually light message.

bash, you won't find many to agree with significant progress here. There is a little, but it's just not enough to energize the fans that we're on the right track. I have my doubts at this point too, but I'm willing to give the guy another year personally.

• Content Count:  301

I remember we used to laugh about how George couldn't coach and UCF lost all the time. What's the saying...something coming back to roost. But I don't have much faith that Taggart will be around long enough to actually turn things around.