• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New offensive weapon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Rather than saying CWT can't make up his mind on the starting QB, I'll put a positive twist on this and say it's he new strategy to keep the other team from scheming against us.  

As of 11/21 (2 days before Memphis game day):   "....Taggart would not name a starting quarterback, saying only, “We’ll have one out there Saturday who will give us the best chance to win.’’*

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/usf-notes-bowl-is-a-key-goal-for-bulls-20141121/

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

lol @ scheming to stifle our offense

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

lol @ scheming to stifle our offense

Agree 100%, nothing like letting the starting QB get enough reps in with the starters and be fully prepared to start.  

Wish we could watch the practices (can we?) but I can't see how The Team can be fully prepared if the practice time is being split between The White offense vs the the Flowers paired down tweaked variation.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Is it called the it doesn't matter if we cannot secure the ball.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Since 90% of the plays are run between the tackles, I don't think Memphis has to worry too much about who the QB will be.

I must say, I don't ever recall any team, still trying to figure out who the team's starting QB will be on the 2nd to last game of the year unless it was due to an injury and the backup QB is just making a case that he is just too good not to start.

I find this QB situation pretty bizarre.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Let's be honest, White will start and play the entire game. I have a feeling that with the right play calls and slowing their offense down. We hung with a very good Wisconsin team and I think we can actually make this game against Memphis close.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Let's be honest, White will start and play the entire game. I have a feeling that with the right play calls and slowing their offense down. We hung with a very good Wisconsin team and I think we can actually make this game against Memphis close.

I guess that all depends on your definition of "close."

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Since 90% of the plays are run between the tackles, I don't think Memphis has to worry too much about who the QB will be.

I must say, I don't ever recall any team, still trying to figure out who the team's starting QB will be on the 2nd to last game of the year unless it was due to an injury and the backup QB is just making a case that he is just too good not to start.

I find this QB situation pretty bizarre.

It may seem odd, but that's because Taggart still doesn't have his guys here.  Once he has another dozen recruiting classes or so, that won't be an issue.  Or so I've been told.