• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

FB coaches....changes ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Wow, didn't realize we had so many FB coaches.

So assuming CWT stays....who gets replaced or moved ?

Head Coach

Offensive Coordinator - Offensive Line

Defensive Coordinator

Assistant Head Coach - Defensive Backs

Assistant Coach - Wide Receivers

Assistant Coach - Special Teams Coordinator/Tight Ends

Assistant Coach - Running Backs

Assistant Coach - Defensive Line

Assistant Coach - Quarterbacks

Assistant Coach - Linebackers

Graduate Assistant - Offense

Graduate Assistant - Defense

Graduate Assistant - Defense

Director of Football Operations

Director of Player Personnel

Assistant Director of Football Operations

Video Coordinator

Executive Assistant

Director of Athletic Performance

Football Analyst - Offense

Football Analyst - Defense

Recruiting Operations Coordinato

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,370
  • Days Won:  13

The video guy 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Coaches that could get poached 

Lockette

Dugans

Woodie 

Cooper 

All of the above are good recruiters and Cooper and Dugans have pretty darn good resumes and are respected coaches. I think that Lockette is the biggest risk to be hired away with the success of the young backs this season and that fact that he's shown to be a strong recruiter with Miami area ties.   I would be surprised if he's still with us next season....

As for coaches being fired i find it hard to think Wulff would be fired after one year but the OL wasn't exactly impressive this season, Breezy definitely had a poor year defensively but the defense was very green this year.  Although the switch to the 3-4 was definitely a very questionable move.  I think he sticks due to his success the first season.  The QB's struggled to develop this season but none of them are world beaters as prospects.  I think Reaves hangs on because of that.  Mathies could be on shaky ground after the DUI and a lock of consistency upfront.  Coach Holt I can't say he's done anything egregious enough to be fired and special teams were good this season.  

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

Not sure how much of it would be attributed to him, but the number of drops this year by our wideouts could cause Dugans some concern.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Wulf gets **** canned because CWT's offense blows.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

OC & DC need to GTFO, and someone needs to take Willie's play sheet. 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,801

I hope we fire Wulff simply because the AD steps in and forces Taggart to change his offensive philosophy. Meaning, we need a guy like Holgorsen to completely own it.

I don't know that such a thing ever happens, but it's one way to keep Taggart ($$$) and hopefully get some different results.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Wulf gets **** canned because CWT's offense blows.

Right, like Wells got canned last year because the offense was putrid.  Wells was a scapegoat last year as Wulf will probable be this year.  These guys are OC in name only.  This is Willie's offense and nothing will change until he is changed.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I hope we fire Wulff simply because the AD steps in and forces Taggart to change his offensive philosophy. Meaning, we need a guy like Holgorsen to completely own it.

I don't know that such a thing ever happens, but it's one way to keep Taggart ($$$) and hopefully get some different results.

Taggart can't change his offensive philosophy.  This is the only offense he knows.  He would have to bring in someone with a completely different offensive philosophy and give them carte blance to implement it and totally keep his hands out of the cookie jar.  Sort of like they tried at Florida when they brought in Roper from Duke.  How'd that work out?  Guys like Taggart and Muschamp are stubborn and will go down with the ship rather than giving up control.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,801

Taggart can't change his offensive philosophy.  This is the only offense he knows.  He would have to bring in someone with a completely different offensive philosophy and give them carte blance to implement it and totally keep his hands out of the cookie jar.  Sort of like they tried at Florida when they brought in Roper from Duke.  How'd that work out?  Guys like Taggart and Muschamp are stubborn and will go down with the ship rather than giving up control.

Yeah, exactly. Keep his hands out of the cookie jar. I'm confident enough in Willie's football acumen to state that I assume he could still be the CEO of a team not running an offense he's most accustomed to running. He just needs to be able to make judgment calls... not actual play calls.