• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spike on 4th Down

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

I have been seeing a lot of people post about how Taggart wanted to spike the ball on fourth down, but I haven't been able to find the OP behind this. Can someone enlighten me to the situation? Are there any facts or evidence supporting this or just speculation?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

At this point it's just hearsay but the poster who provided it has had some good info before.  The thing is players have said the opposite in post game interviews so take it for what it's worth.   

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I posted this to the wrong thread.  

Does anyone still have the game on DVR?  I recall CBS showing Taggart making what looked like a "spiking motion" from the sideline, but I can't remember what down it was when he did that.  

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I posted this to the wrong thread.  

Does anyone still have the game on DVR?  I recall CBS showing Taggart making what looked like a "spiking motion" from the sideline, but I can't remember what down it was when he did that.  

I remember this as well.  I don't remember which play it was.  that actually may have been when Johnson got to the two, but was called back on the holding penalty.  I don't remember, but the OP is always very credible with his info.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

I have it recorded I'll watch it later and see if Taggart tried to spike it on 4th down at any point in the game

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I know White originally was signaling for a spike on the blast play of the game which had me screaming at the tv.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I have been seeing a lot of people post about how Taggart wanted to spike the ball on fourth down, but I haven't been able to find the OP behind this. Can someone enlighten me to the situation? Are there any facts or evidence supporting this or just speculation?

At this point it's just hearsay but the poster who provided it has had some good info before.  The thing is players have said the opposite in post game interviews so take it for what it's worth.   

I was trying to see anyplace that has the game reply with no luck.

The original statement is in the "It's Time to Turn the Page on Willie Taggart" thread, and was posted by CousinRicky

Here's the link to the actual post: http://thebullspen.com/topic/98580-its-time-to-turn-the-page-on-willie-taggart/?view=findpost&p=1335724

Since I didn't see it, I can't say if whether or not it happened.  But I'd prefer a chance to see it myself before I pass judgement... or at lease have multiple sources claiming the same thing. 

Nothing against CousinRicky... but that's just how I am.  Especially considering how easily things can be misinterpreted/remembered differently/etc.  And I assume he doesn't mind being credited with the info/post since he actually posted it with the intention of informing us to what he saw, which I think we can all appreciate. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I know White originally was signaling for a spike on the blast play of the game which had me screaming at the tv.

In the post game interview he (White) said a "sticks" play was what was called.....

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

In the post game interview he (White) said a "sticks" play was what was called.....

Looked it up:

"stick is undoubtedly a three-step drop pass play"

http://smartfootball.com/uncategorized/houston-running-the-stick-concept#sthash.pR6BAL9w.dpbs

Edited by dogma

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Just rewatched (I DVR every game). And......................................................................................... you cant see taggart on the play. He gets the benefit of the doubt from me.