• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IF we beat UCF is the season considered successful?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

even if we win out, and win our bowl game, this cannot be phrased as a "successful season" since we have seen terrible coaching.

it could be considered an improved season, perhaps, but success is already out of reach for this season

hopefully next year, we will run like a well-oiled machine, this year we're still a rusty clunker

So more than tripling your wins from last season, first winning record in 4 years, winning 5 conference games for the first time in our history wouldn't be a successful season only because of "terrible coaching". That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard .... Are you sure you're not channeling one of our other posters??

You could use the criteria that it wasn't successful because, by definition, successful is accomplishing an aim or a purpose and that aim or purpose every year should be to win the conference and it would be hard to argue.

success isn't success until it "feels" like success, and this season does not feel like success

perceptions = reality

Perceptions = perceptions, and in this case, based on your feelings about Taggart, not the reality of the scenario you spelled out ...

1. re·al·i·ty

rēˈalədē/

noun

noun: reality

1. 1.
      the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

even if we win out, and win our bowl game, this cannot be phrased as a "successful season" since we have seen terrible coaching.

it could be considered an improved season, perhaps, but success is already out of reach for this season

hopefully next year, we will run like a well-oiled machine, this year we're still a rusty clunker

So more than tripling your wins from last season, first winning record in 4 years, winning 5 conference games for the first time in our history wouldn't be a successful season only because of "terrible coaching". That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard .... Are you sure you're not channeling one of our other posters??

You could use the criteria that it wasn't successful because, by definition, successful is accomplishing an aim or a purpose and that aim or purpose every year should be to win the conference and it would be hard to argue.

success isn't success until it "feels" like success, and this season does not feel like success

perceptions = reality

If we win out this is no doubt a successful season. That would carry a lot of momentum into next year for sure.

not if we win the next three the same way we won the last 4...

i'm not feeling it.

DICTIONARY !?!?!?!!?

we don' need no steenkeen ditionary!!

perceptions = reality

If we win out this is no doubt a successful season. That would carry a lot of momentum into next year for sure.

i'm not feeling it.

Exactly. That's your perception, not the reality.

DICTIONARY !?!?!?!!?

we don' need no steenkeen ditionary!!

I wield it like a sword ...

dull sword, but cuts deeply and only inflicts fleshy wounds

black-knight.jpg

dull sword, but cuts deeply and only inflicts fleshy wounds

black-knight.jpg

I think you're finally getting it .....

And it's still mind boggling that Ga thinks the The Big Lebowski is better than that movie ...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  80
  • Days Won:  0

perceptions = reality

i'm not feeling it.

How would you like for us to win to make you feel "it"?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

This season was awful and a win over UCF doesn't change anything.  The teams we beat (not including the exhibition win over Western Carolina) are 4-24 thus far this year with 3 of those 4 wins against powerhouses Stony Brook, Tulane, and UCF with the last victory coming in the Tulsa-SMU game that somebody had to win by default.

+1

LOL I love these arguments

So lets count all the bad teams we beat

well except for the one that's actually having a good season...we won't count that one because it messes up my argument. I know what I'll do, I'll call it an exhibition game and see if nobody notices...yea that'll work.

I'm sorry, does that win not count? Should we not count the cupcakes the SEC and other P5 teams play? 

Count the good with the bad BRAH:

We held Wisconsin pretty well, hell we held Gordon down a hell of a lot better than Nebraska did

Should have beat Maryland if it wasn't for a blocked punt in the 4th quarter

Played a good game against ECU, let that one slip away as well

Beat Tulsa

Beat UConn

Beat WCU

Beat SMU

Bad:

Got spanked by NC State

Played HORRIBLE against Houston

Played HORRIBLE against Cincy

So I've got 3 bad losses, 3 close games that were still losses, and 4 wins

and yes, that would be 6 losses and 4 wins. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

If we win out, then ok, that is success.

But IN NO WAY should we consider a sub .500 season successful.  That is a losing season.  Doesn't matter who is coach.  Doesn't matter what sport it is in.  You don't consider a losing season successful unless you are an expansion team, first year coming back from the death penalty, or you are Marshall fielding a new team after they lost their team in a tragic accident.