• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Team Progress (Stat Comparison to 2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

There has been a lot of talk about the team progression under CWT, and whether he should be fired.  So, I decided to take a look at the stats from this year so far, and project this across the next three games.  I feel that this estimated projection is acceptable since we have 9 games worth of performance statistics.  This is assuming the team performs as it has for the season coming into the next 3 games (I hope they perform otherwise and turn this team around).

Stats_zpsa057509a.png

This projection shows that we will end up with one more win (sure hope it is against UCF).  Overall, our offense has shown some improvement and I think this thanks to the OL.  We have given up fewer sacks, and improved rushing and passing yardage.  The defense on the other hand has underperformed from 2013's stats by allowing more total yardage and points.

I think the team is slightly improving, as sore as it is to watch.  I hoped for a turn around year, but told myself I would be satisfied with at least 4 wins at the beginning of the season.  We have a young team, and I think the offense will continue to improve.  The defense on the other hand has given way too much away, and I think this is due to the DL and less aggressive play calling.  The QB's have been given little pressure and allowed to sit back and pick away at our backfield.

I think Taggart should get another year, and be expected to take the team above .500.  The team is young, and will continue to improve.  CSH took the team to the lowest level, and I think CWT is bringing in some good talent to fix it.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Factor in the lesser competition in Tulsa and WU. Stats like this mean nothing to me

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,404
  • Days Won:  13

Factor in the lesser competition in Tulsa and WU. Stats like this mean nothing to me

This.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

You guys are ridiculous. Let your emotions go and look at the stats. I for one appreciate the work you put into that. I suggest making the fewer interceptions green instead of red (since fewer interceptions is good).

Look at last year's games. You reference Louisville and Rutgers specifically... Okay, now look at the game AT Wisconsin this year. We played them VERY well, and they are a much better team that Rutgers and Louisville were last year. Look at Louisville's schedule last year, it was one of the easier schedules (and they lost to UCF... amirite?). The Big East was crap last year too.. I swear, the memory is a very interesting thing, it skews experiences of the past to match emotions in the present.

Now of course, we have an easier schedule this year.. But it does not negate successful improvement. Just look at the 2014 current, and compare to last year's total (with THREE less games), it's very comparable and there are even improvements to some categories now against last year.

Edited by Sipher
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

Offense went from 124th to 120th this year. Defense went from 74th to 75th. At least that's how it stacks up. Louisville was replaced on the schedule by Tulsa and McNeese by WCU.

FWIW

Sagarin ratings 2013 - 143, 2014 - 134

Massey ratings 2013 - 107, 2014 - 108

Schedule is softer this year SOS 66 last year and 96 this year.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301

I agree that statistically we have improved from last yr, but still not a pretty scene out there. The product on the field leaves much to be desired. Here's to hoping your chart shows significant positive trends in 2015.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

I suggest making the fewer interceptions green instead of red (since fewer interceptions is good).

I did not clarify, but the "Interceptions" category is the interceptions obtained by the defense, not the interceptions thrown by the offense.

I'd have to question how you extrapolated things like wins and points, etc? based on "how we have performed" doesn't really tell us much. Also you have us as 4-5 when we are 4-6. I'm not sure how legitimate the projections are when we only play 2 more games and they are against 2 of the better teams in the conference. Memphis has blown out several teams as of late and UCF has a top 10 defense in the country. This could get ugly for our offense.

Think your projections are either missing the actual numbers from the SMU game or are projecting an additional 3 games when there should only be 2. For example you have USF gaining 1000+ more yards this season than last and allowing 1200+ more yards this season than last. That doesn't sound right but I'm too lazy to crunch the numbers right now.

Edited by bullsfan1983

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822

I suggest making the fewer interceptions green instead of red (since fewer interceptions is good).

I did not clarify, but the "Interceptions" category is the interceptions obtained by the defense, not the interceptions thrown by the offense.

Ah, that makes sense since it's down by the defensive stats. My bad.