• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB wins again!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Foul shots on Friday were well below 50%. Coach O said they were going to work on them Saturday. Foul shot percentage was 75% in today's game. Gee it's nice to hear a coach say he's going to work on something to change it and within 24 hours the turnaround is dramatic! This team is young, yes they do make mistakes, but they sure are fun to watch and knowing that these guys are going to be around for a while I think we're going to finally see B ball rise at USF.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  7

I'm calling it RIGHT NOW. Coach Antigua will be the American Conference Coach of the Year this season. This team is extremely underrated in preseason. How can you possibly think this team will follow past USF historical data under the Heath regime? We have only 3 returning players, each of which have been playing fantastically in the first 2 games. Perry is averaging 19.5 points through the first 2 games, AC is doing a great job distributing the ball, and Corey Allen Jr is finally getting to play the position he is good at playing. Perry has thinned out and all of the players are in awesome condition thanks to the new staff. COA has terrific knowledge of the game and has learned what it takes to coach a team. This team is tied for the 2nd youngest men's college basketball team in THE ENTIRE COUNTRY! You cannot Guage this team negatively, they can only continue to grow and mesh together better under the guidance of the Antigua brothers, Strickland, and the rest of the staff. We also have the up and coming monster in Jaleel Cousins. It's in his genetic code. In addition, the style of play is completely different this season. You cannot say, USF is USF, expect them to finish at the bottom as usual. This is a new USF. The results may end up being the same as previous seasons or they won't. But that won't be because it's business as usual under Heath and staff. They have all of the potential in the world to surprise everyone. I'm in that boat. We are finally different. We aren't just typical USF again. CHANGE IS IN THE AIR AND IT'S AWESOME!! GO Bulls!

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I finally got to see the team play on ESPN3 replay.

Here are my thoughts:

(1) Given all that went down after last season, including the coaching changes, players exiting and entering, and players making mental (those who stayed) and physical changes, not to mention we even got a new AD, I'm very happy about the team that we have now. BRAVO!

The players seem to care about each other. And coaches are helping them during the game. Man, you can't help but feel proud how everyone got together and was able to put a team together.

To be honest, I didn't know what to expect. I thought we'd be a mess after so many changes.

Not at all! I really liked what I saw.

(2) It's great to see AC at 100%!

(3) Why couldn't Stan let loose on the offense like this team??? That was all I ever wanted from Stan. I'm really glad to see the new offense.

(4) It's a longgg season and who knows how the guys will do? But it's very encouraging, especially the attitude on the floor.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm calling it RIGHT NOW. Coach Antigua will be the American Conference Coach of the Year this season. This team is extremely underrated in preseason. How can you possibly think this team will follow past USF historical data under the Heath regime? We have only 3 returning players, each of which have been playing fantastically in the first 2 games. Perry is averaging 19.5 points through the first 2 games, AC is doing a great job distributing the ball, and Corey Allen Jr is finally getting to play the position he is good at playing. Perry has thinned out and all of the players are in awesome condition thanks to the new staff. COA has terrific knowledge of the game and has learned what it takes to coach a team. This team is tied for the 2nd youngest men's college basketball team in THE ENTIRE COUNTRY! You cannot Guage this team negatively, they can only continue to grow and mesh together better under the guidance of the Antigua brothers, Strickland, and the rest of the staff. We also have the up and coming monster in Jaleel Cousins. It's in his genetic code. In addition, the style of play is completely different this season. You cannot say, USF is USF, expect them to finish at the bottom as usual. This is a new USF. The results may end up being the same as previous seasons or they won't. But that won't be because it's business as usual under Heath and staff. They have all of the potential in the world to surprise everyone. I'm in that boat. We are finally different. We aren't just typical USF again. CHANGE IS IN THE AIR AND IT'S AWESOME!! GO Bulls!

5E3885FA-A8D9-4FDF-B51E-2B696F099792-655

And here we go again with the unrealistic expectations. God help us when we lose badly to a team we should have beaten.

As young as this team is, we are guaranteed to be inconsistent. Should be a wild ride, just hang on and have fun.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

For real. Calm down.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Sat 9 Tennessee Tech W 72-62

Tue 12 Bethune-Cookman W 91-65

Fri 15 @Bowling Green W 75-61

Fri 22 Stetson W 72-63

Early season wins. All scoring about the same as we have so far.

We don't know if we are even decent yet.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

Love the passion, but I'm cautiously optimistic about this team. .500 would be a great season in my opinion.

I'm more excited about what next year could bring.. a 5* in Peters, and two 4* in Santos and De Silva.

COA > Taggart in recruiting. And that's not a knock on Taggart, they are both great recruiters.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

see you at the final four fellas

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Jackson St! We beat them by 9 and we're great. HAHAHAHAHAHA. This is a 10 win team.

Emotional and unrealistic to think otherwise. You want to see a championship caliber team go see our women. Their PG (Williams) is unreal.

Go Bulls!

You really can't judge much, good or bad, from these types of games.  The minutes get distributed differently, different plays made be attempted, different lineups are tried.  the point should be that we beat a team we should have and won't really know much about this team until we play better competition.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Jackson St! We beat them by 9 and we're great. HAHAHAHAHAHA. This is a 10 win team.

Emotional and unrealistic to think otherwise. You want to see a championship caliber team go see our women. Their PG (Williams) is unreal.

Go Bulls!

You're way too hard on Jackson St lol. Historically, they have the same amount of NCAA appearances as we do. If we're talking about the past 15 years, then they have more appearances than we do.

Edited by Raetus