• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Flowers Starting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Man, is everyone on their period this week?

Everybody at my work has been in a bad mood too. Pre-holiday mood swings i guess?

ebh4y.jpg

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Man, is everyone on their period this week?

Everybody at my work has been in a bad mood too. Pre-holiday mood swings i guess?

ebh4y.jpg

I actually laughed out loud

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

I think its safe to say MW will start this week. I wonder how many snaps QF will get. Hope Tags doesnt do something stupid like put him in after a MW TD drive

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386

Flowers is getting the first team reps in practice today. I would assume he's starting.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822

For all of you that said, "Start Flowers, how much worse can it get?"  I think you found out.  I understand why CWT started him.  He's looking for one of the QBs to step up an perform consistently and thought, "It's SMU, we can run all over them."  The problem is, if you can't throw at all, then the D can put 8 or 9 in the box, making it extremely difficult to run.

I, personally, hope we never see Flowers at QB again.

If what someone on this board said before that he had 16 plays on his wristband that we could run then shame on Taggart. That is a joke. If that's all you can run I don't care who you're playing you cannot start him. I was glad he decided to start him to see what he could do, but goodness if I had known that was the case I never would've felt that way. Just another red flag when talking about Taggart's coaching.

Well, considering we all actually don't know if that is actually true or not, then it's a moot point.

I'm not so sure it is difficult to prove if we can get video of the game.  Some video expert or another around here can probably zero in on the wristbands and we can compare.

But the source definitely has access to a lot more info than we do, and has been accurate in the past.

Enhance that.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

For all of you that said, "Start Flowers, how much worse can it get?" I think you found out. I understand why CWT started him. He's looking for one of the QBs to step up an perform consistently and thought, "It's SMU, we can run all over them." The problem is, if you can't throw at all, then the D can put 8 or 9 in the box, making it extremely difficult to run.

I, personally, hope we never see Flowers at QB again.

If what someone on this board said before that he had 16 plays on his wristband that we could run then shame on Taggart. That is a joke. If that's all you can run I don't care who you're playing you cannot start him. I was glad he decided to start him to see what he could do, but goodness if I had known that was the case I never would've felt that way. Just another red flag when talking about Taggart's coaching.

Well, considering we all actually don't know if that is actually true or not, then it's a moot point.

I'm not so sure it is difficult to prove if we can get video of the game. Some video expert or another around here can probably zero in on the wristbands and we can compare.

But the source definitely has access to a lot more info than we do, and has been accurate in the past.

Enhance that.

http://youtu.be/KiqkclCJsZs

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Flowers is getting the first team reps in practice today. I would assume he's starting.

Our coach must be bipolar or have early-onset alzheimers because no healthy normal thinking individual can be that stupid.

Edited by deters-

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Wouldn't read to much into it.  All 3 will be doing that:

Wulff said White, Flowers and Steven Bench will have plenty of first-string snaps during the week to get prepared to start Saturday at Memphis if called upon.

Flowers took all first-string snaps in warm-ups during the 30 minutes of practice open to reporters.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/wulff-smu-rally-should-spawn-confidence/2207014?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Flowers took all of the warm up snaps with the first team, none of us know any more than that since media isn't allowed after the first 30 minutes.

"A day after Coach Willie Taggart said competition will continue for the starting QB job, Wulff said White, Flowers and Steven Bench will have plenty of first-string snaps during the week to get prepared to start Saturday at Memphis if called upon.

Flowers took all first-string snaps in warm-ups during the 30 minutes of practice open to reporters."

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/wulff-smu-rally-should-spawn-confidence/2207014

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,405
  • Days Won:  19

So, Bench has a chance to start against Memphis?