• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers Starting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

he didnt do too bad

we need so much more talent every where

none of our qbs can win an aac title

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He looked ok but he's still not ready.  He needs to really work on his throwing mechanics and study the playbook.  

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

He looked ok but he's still not ready. He needs to really work on his throwing mechanics and study the playbook.

That's it in a nutshell...he just needs more time to develop. Showed some flashes and didn't have any turnovers in crappy weather.

I just don't get why he was starting.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Fair enough, my only thoughts are that the rest of our guys aren't stellar either. If we are going to lose I suppose I just rather it be while letting this kid grow in the pocket rather than watching White turn the ball over repeatedly and Bench present as low end mediocrity. I know it was a bad team, but White didn't do leaps and bounds better than Flowers either

Edited by JoshuaG

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

His throwing mechanics are awful.  He did okay as many of you put it against the only winless team in FBS.  I'm sorry, I don't see him as a QB.  I said it before yesterday's game and after what I saw, I'll stick to that.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Don't blame the recruiting. Jerry Glanville had Brett Farve on the bench. Its coaching. They don't know what they have or how to develop or train them.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707

His throwing mechanics are awful. He did okay as many of you put it against the only winless team in FBS. I'm sorry, I don't see him as a QB. I said it before yesterday's game and after what I saw, I'll stick to that.

Give the kid a shot, mechanics can be worked on. And I stick by my "we are going to lose anyway" statement. So what do we lose by starting a young QB, and essentially showing recruits that if you have the goods, you have a chance to start. We stick with a poorly performing Mike White and all we are saying is that we are content to sit in squalor rather than take a chance on Flowers for another game or two

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

Fair enough, my only thoughts are that the rest of our guys aren't stellar either. If we are going to lose I suppose I just rather it be while letting this kid grow in the pocket rather than watching White turn the ball over repeatedly and Bench present as low end mediocrity. I know it was a bad team, but White didn't do leaps and bounds better than Flowers either

I agree with you. I'd like to see how he plays in better weather too.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm in the camp. "You don't experiment until you have nothing to win for"

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

His throwing mechanics are awful. He did okay as many of you put it against the only winless team in FBS. I'm sorry, I don't see him as a QB. I said it before yesterday's game and after what I saw, I'll stick to that.

Give the kid a shot, mechanics can be worked on. And I stick by my "we are going to lose anyway" statement. So what do we lose by starting a young QB, and essentially showing recruits that if you have the goods, you have a chance to start. We stick with a poorly performing Mike White and all we are saying is that we are content to sit in squalor rather than take a chance on Flowers for another game or two

That "poorly performing Mike White" saved our bacon last night. If Flowers stays in the whole game we likely get shutout...the plays that got us back in it weren't on his wristband.