• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball early signing period starts tomorrow (11/12)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Luis Montero is rated 4 stars on 247.

http://247sports.com/Player/Luis-Montero-26561

Honestly he should be 4* by every recruiting service because he is that kind of talent.

Strong looking roster for next season. Looks of Depth and versitilty that Coach O likes. I'll go on record and say that if everybody returns that suppose to, MBB will be ranked in the 25 and have a chance to win the AAC. A shoe in for the NCAAT imo.

We still feel too small, imo. We need one of Cousins/Guerrero to pan out and be starter quality for this to happen.

BTW, Guerrero is travelling to UAB. He is day to day with a groin injury. I don't know if he will play.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Interestingly, Sunrise Christian "HS" team plays Arlington Country Day in Kentucky on 1/10/15 @9:30 PM. So, it's likely that Santos and Da Silva will be matched up against each other. Hopefully, there will be some video of that game.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Honestly he should be 4* by every recruiting service because he is that kind of talent.

Strong looking roster for next season. Looks of Depth and versitilty that Coach O likes. I'll go on record and say that if everybody returns that suppose to, MBB will be ranked in the 25 and have a chance to win the AAC. A shoe in for the NCAAT imo.

We still feel too small, imo. We need one of Cousins/Guerrero to pan out and be starter quality for this to happen.

While USF doesn't have the height at the 5 with Cousins and Santos, they really aren't going to be a small team and Guerrero is 6-10/6-11 that is more of a PF.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Interestingly, Sunrise Christian "HS" team plays Arlington Country Day in Kentucky on 1/10/15 @9:30 PM. So, it's likely that Santos and Da Silva will be matched up against each other. Hopefully, there will be some video of that game.

Would love to see that matchup. Strength against athletic ability. Both guys have a high motor so it should be competitive.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

While USF doesn't have the height at the 5 with Cousins and Santos, they really aren't going to be a small team and Guerrero is 6-10/6-11 that is more of a PF.

You're counting on freshman (Santos) to jump right in? He's no blue chip prospect. I named this year guys because Perry needs a legit big to start with alongside him. Hopefully amongst the other 2-3 bigs they'll be able to give us backup mins at the 4/5.

I'm not convinced you need a C to win basketball anymore, so I'm content having a bunch of 4's out there. I just don't know that any can be trusted besides Perry. Someone needs to step up / prove themselves for us to be an NCAAT "lock".

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I can't recall a USF basketball team with as much talent as next year's team will have on the roster. Maybe the 02 team?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

So any ideas how we are signing him? I believe i read on this board we have no more spots.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Really exciting class. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic about Luis Montero being eligible. I have no faith in our Admissions' Academic Committee..

That committee has been disbanded.

which is exactly why he has zero faith in it... :drummer:

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

75% of the team from last year transferring to other schools while Perry, Allen, and Collins decided to stay has been the best thing that could have ever happened to Antigua.    The team right now, even though it's against lower competition, already looks better then last year and with a few more top level recruits, they will be a legit threat to make the NCAA tourney next year.    Hopefully he can get them to the NIT this year and get some postseason experience for the younger guys.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Let's see if Montero's LOI comes in today. I'd like to see Antigua bring in a center or two (one from HS and the other JuCo)  in the next class.