• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brandon Ziarno, QB, 2015, Melbourne FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I LOVE what i see out of this kid on that highlight tape.  He may be a bit shorter than the 6" 1" he's listed at but he's put together well and throws a great ball.  What I like most about him is he throws a good accurate ball at different velocities, trajectories, and on the run.  The stats show that he makes good decisions and takes care of the football with his completion percentage and td/ind ratio.  Another thing I like is a few times during that video he appears to change the play at the LOS with good results.  I know it can be hard to get a good hand on kids that play the lower levels and against marginal talent but if Telly is in, so am I.  We need to get after this kid and get him in this class. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

The more quality prospects you bring in the better obviously. But there are only so many seats so you want to be discerning. My gut tells me that while Brandon Ziarno would be a good one to try and secure regardless of anything else you do, the decisions on Kean and Hale would be dependent on what else you could reasonably go out and get.

I'm not a recruiting expert so I don't know who is out there, who could be gotten, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Finished the season with 3,111 passing yards, 70% CP, 44 TD's,  and 2 INT's. He also has a 140 QB rating, one of the highest in the nation! I really hope we offer!

Kid can't buy a break sometimes though. He is 24 of 30 (80%) for 234 yards (9.8) against Lakeland Christian, has 9 runs for 58 yards and 2 TDs on top of it...they lose the game 26-32. Similar to when he was 29 of 45 for 400 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT with 3 runs for 12 yards and another TD...and they lost 46-63.

Gotta love high school football.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Kid can't buy a break sometimes though. He is 24 of 30 (80%) for 234 yards (9.8) against Lakeland Christian, has 9 runs for 58 yards and 2 TDs on top of it...they lose the game 26-32. Similar to when he was 29 of 45 for 400 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT with 3 runs for 12 yards and another TD...and they lost 46-63.

Gotta love high school football.

Would you rather score 6-3 and lose or 26-32 and lose ???

Fans aren't gonna like it either way.

I think you can play well and lose 13-10, and you can play crappy football and lose 32-29...and the fans are going to be happier about the game in which you played pretty well and lost.

If everyone was unhappy with the 14-13 SMU victory I don't think it is because of the low scoring. I think it's because the team looked like crap but won in the end against a winless opponent.

Some more info about Brandon Ziarno:

He was 1st team All State in 2013, led his team to the FHSAA playoffs in 2012 & 2013, All Florida East Coast Player of the Year in 2013, is the All Time Brevard County passing leader, I'm told his 140.0 passer rating (NFL) is currently the highest in the state of Florida, and he's got a 3.8 GPA.

He has also recently been chosen to play QB in the Central Florida All Star Game. He was previously a participant in the Golden Arm Challenge which is a participation only camp for the top 40 quarterback recruits in the country.

QBHITList.com just debuted him in their Top 50 pro style quarterback recruits in the country. They have him at 47th overall with a 3 star ranking.

His dad is a coach. That is not surprising to me. He plays like he's been learning how to beat a cover two since he was 10 years old.

I notice that in his SPARQ scores they have him with 4.65 speed and a 31.5 inch vertical. That's pretty **** good in its own right. They have his powerball at 36. I'm not that familiar with it but I looked at the national SPARQ leaderboard with the top 100 SPARQ ratings in the country, and I notice 36 is as good or better than about half of them. His overall SPARQ rating of 86.46 seems pretty high. I know Tim Tebow's was 96.92. I believe the record was set by Mike Mitchell at around 150.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

So why hasn't this kid gained any recruiting traction if he is so good? Just seems puzzling? 

Ironside 2.0?