• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Steven Bench gets the start tomorrow

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

QB competition...

mightymidgets_11.jpg

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

This could get ugly...hope im wrong, obviously White choked last game but im just not seeing the same untapped talent in Bench.....either way its a huge game and we need the win

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

If Bench is the guy some here think he is he will take advantage of this opportunity and never let the job go. I certainly hope this is the case....

let's hope you're right.
I don't think Bench is Much different than White. He's more mobile but less accurate, but neither are the real answer at QB. I was referencing the Bench brigade on here and just hoping their right and he can get the offense to consistently put points on the board and take care of the football.
My support of Bench is due the lack of performance by White, and in my opinion more productivity from Bench in his limited play time.

Is Bench much better or worse? We don't know because Bench hasn't been givin the huge leash that White has.

This.[/quote

Agreed

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This could get ugly...hope im wrong, obviously White choked last game but im just not seeing the same untapped talent in Bench.....either way its a huge game and we need the win

White has struggled much more than just the one game.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

If Bench is the guy some here think he is he will take advantage of this opportunity and never let the job go. I certainly hope this is the case....

let's hope you're right.

I don't think Bench is Much different than White. He's more mobile but less accurate, but neither are the real answer at QB. I was referencing the Bench brigade on here and just hoping their right and he can get the offense to consistently put points on the board and take care of the football.
My support of Bench is due the lack of performance by White, and in my opinion more productivity from Bench in his limited play time.

Is Bench much better or worse? We don't know because Bench hasn't been givin the huge leash that White has.

Kinda how I feel. Not sure how much better than white bench is, but hey, you can't turn the ball over like white does unless you more than make up for it with TDs like Winston. I left the spring game thinking that Bench was definitely the guy. I guess we will find out tomorrow, Go Bulls.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

let's hope you're right.

Kinda how I feel. Not sure how much better than white bench is, but hey, you can't turn the ball over like white does unless you more than make up for it with TDs like Winston. I left the spring game thinking that Bench was definitely the guy. I guess we will find out tomorrow, Go Bulls.

But that's the thing, White didn't turn the ball over like you're intimating, at least the way I think you're intimating, until the Cincy game, when he became the reincarnation of Floyd with the fumbleitis ... I too thought Bench was the guy based on the Spring game but I do think, though, that White's best has been better than Bench's best in actual games ... but that goes out the window if you can't hold onto the ball. Here's hoping that Bench can weave a little of the MG/BJ magic with his mobility tomorrow ...

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I'll believe it tomorrow at about 4:02 or so.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,945
  • Days Won:  12

Bench may not be worlds ahead in talent but Taggart used some interesting words... he is looking for a competitor and a leader.

If Bench is a better leader, or just the least bad leader, it's him.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

We haven't really seen enough of Bench to have a real understanding of what he can do. All we have really seen of him has been in bits and pieces and in either relief duty or thrown into the game after an injury.

We know fairly well what we have with White. At least enough to know Bench at least deserves a fair shot to show what he can bring on game day.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I don't think Bench is much better. I expect he'll be serviceable at best with an outside chance of completing 50% of his passes.

Of course I would rather be wrong and have USF win with Bench than the alternative.