• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Congrats to the student athletes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXeDUFTaU1Y

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

That might be a new record for TBP. Only took one post for someone to piss all over something positive. Congrats puc!

Thanks but I'm pretty sure it's only a tie for the record. I can't be the only one that thinks no one at Alabama or FSU is staying up at nite worrying about graduation rates. Even UNC which is a flagship for academia was making up fake courses for their athletes, the game is measured by who has the most points at the end of the game and how many times you do that it comparison to other teams. Graduation rates really aren't a factor in that in less you are grasping at straws for reasons to celebrate. CJL had APR's that embarrassed some but no one talked about those around the water cooler, yet everyone knows we are at the bottom of the football food chain and they don't even laugh at us any more they look down on us with pity.

We're all frustrated with the results on the field over the last few years, but these are still student athletes, at least for the time being.  Apis posts something positive about the academic side, and your immediate reaction is to trash it.  You apparently believe that college athletics are more important than college academics, and that's fine, but most of these kids work their butts off, both on the field and in the classroom.  I happen to think these students deserve some respect for their academic accomplishments, and not some "fan" wishing he could trade them in for "illiterate criminals."

This is really the bottom line. The OP didn't say he prefers to have a high APR to wins on the field but it was just something positive pertaining to the football program a midst all the negative going on right now. Thing people have to realize is that all fanbases have those that look for the dark lining in silver clouds to go along with the opposite .... and puc is one of the great ones at mining those dark linings.  B)

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

Puc,

For the sake of your academic "preformance", it's "performance" we're after.

Go Bulls!

Thanks for the heads up on my post having two letters missequened. I like you and your attention to detail and if you are trying to apply as my editor you may have the job. If you would like to live in the south florida area and are interested just pm me and we can set up an interview , I think I would be willing pay you $12 an hour just for the fun of it.

PM sent. 

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

"The football program improved its APR score for the fifth-straight season posting a mark of 973 that ranked third in The American as well as second in the state of Florida and 25th nationally among Division I-A football programs. Coach Willie Taggart’s Bulls recorded the program’s best APR score since reporting began. The program has improved its APR by 64 points since the 2007-08 season."

Fantastic accomplishment and something to be very proud of as an alum.

Edited by BullFan98

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Puc,

Go Bulls!

Thanks for the heads up on my post having two letters missequened. I like you and your attention to detail and if you are trying to apply as my editor you may have the job. If you would like to live in the south florida area and are interested just pm me and we can set up an interview , I think I would be willing pay you $12 an hour just for the fun of it.

PM sent.
Sorry Bau but it looks as if the position has been filled. I will keep your name on my short list for replacements.

Puc,

Go Bulls!

Thanks for the heads up on my post having two letters missequened.

Did you mean "missequenced?"

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Hahaha I am happy if anyone can read anything that I am typing on my phone, looks like I may need two editors to follow me around.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Puc,

Go Bulls!

Hahaha I am happy if anyone can read anything that I am typing on my phone, looks like I may need two editors to follow me around.

Make sure you give Bausfkid a call then.  I can't afford the pay cut to only make $12 an hour. 

Puc,

Go Bulls!

Make sure you give Bausfkid a call then. I can't afford the pay cut to only make $12 an hour.

But you will get to hang out with me which is worth more than money.

And you get to follow your passion since currently you are doing the job for free and now I am actually going to pay you for it. Win-win.

Thanks for the offer Puc. You validated my thoughts and I appreciate it.

You are welcome, I aim to please.