• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

The offense... again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Looking back to the hiring process... I was a CWT advocate (obviously).

My thought process was simple... In the American... if we can recruit head and shoulders above other teams in our conference, we should be able to compete for conference titles. 

I think that I have come to the realization that the offense we are running requires an ELITE QB to be fully functional. I know this is not a revolutionary realization and many of you have been saying it for awhile. We have talent at RB, WR, OL, TE... but we are a terrible offense. 

QB recruiting got massively screwed up by Holtz but Taggart hasn't done much to fix it. We should be recruiting 2QBs a year until we find a gem. 

I'm afraid that unless we get MUCH better options at QB, or change our offensive philosophy, what you see is what we get. We are looking at at least 2016 season as we know next year's freshman QB will probably not be ready. Top JUCO or transfer is the only way I see it. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,611
  • Days Won:  28

Elite QB and elite OL are key to making this offense functional and we have neither.

And we don't have the recruiting muscle to keep stock piling these positions in order for this offense to be consistently good year after year.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

I think this offense just needs a good qb...we have none.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Completing 55% of the passes is not elite. If we could hit that number you would see more drives sustained and better offense.

Staff's best QB recruiting this year may be scouring the depth charts of every team in the P5 and see if any QBs are graduating who may be eligible to transfer. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It's the o-line more than the QB. They're not opening proper holes for the runners, and the QBs are running for their lives

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

How do you know we're not recruiting 2 QBs?  I'm quite certain we are ... but we can't force them to sign with us.  That's the real problem.  We seem to be in a cycle where we can't show enough promise offensively for good QBs to want to come play at USF. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,860
  • Days Won:  12

Unacceptable excuse. We are in the middle of Florida, finding a good QB should be a non-issue. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Unacceptable excuse. We are in the middle of Florida, finding a good QB should be a non-issue. 

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

I believe Taggart has the intelligence to know a good QB.  I'm sure he has "found" good QBs.  However, we cannot MAKE a good QB sign a LOI with us.  He has to want to do it on his own.  We still haven't gotten a good, heralded QB to roll the dice on us yet. 

It's not an excuse.  If it's as easy as you make it sound, just because we're in the middle of Florida, please get in touch with Taggart immediately so he can send you out to sign a top-rated QB with the full blessing and financial support of USF. 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

We need more than just a QB, we are not even in these games in the 4th quarter. We are a below average squad in most facets of the game. Good teams find a way to win, bad teams like USF keep inventing ways to lose.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

We don't need elite just above average would be a huge upgrade.

• Upvote 1