• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rebuilding is still taking place!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I'm pretty sure that for the last three years we have the top ranked recruiting class (at least by Rivals) out of our conference mates and four years ago we were in the top four, so talent wise we should be well at the top of the conference. What exactly are we rebuilding from besides two bad coaching hires following a bad firing?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I'm pretty sure that for the last three years we have the top ranked recruiting class (at least by Rivals) out of our conference mates and four years ago we were in the top four, so talent wise we should be well at the top of the conference. What exactly are we rebuilding from besides two bad coaching hires following a bad firing?

Losing?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

burial ground strike again!

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

It all comes down to whether you can get a QB to run your offense. We don't have that. 

White is not an answer yet. hell, he's still learning. I still am wondering two days later if he got injured during the game. I saw his face on  a few of the snaps. He was literally grimacing when the ball hit his hands. Someone get his wrist checked out-I'm not sold it's still good. He's had his issues with snap handling before, but Friday night was a comedy of errors. 

That said...for all of you exploding about how we aren't making progress...Memphis was 4-8 and 3-9 in their first two years under Justin Fuente and now they're winning. UCF was 0-11 it's first year under O'Leary and while they won 8 games the next year, they regressed right back to a 4 win team the year after that. Suffice to say, winning doesn't happen immediately, especially when you haven't won crap in 3-4 years. 

Will we get there with Taggart? No one can be sure. But a lot of you are giving up too easily. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073

"Soft coaching" has worked fine elsewhere, like with Pete Carroll and Chip Kelly.  Leavitt was an outlier when it comes to behavior as witnessed to the press reactions to his behavior during games and its not required to act like that to win.  Its not that, its execution AND scheme. Both go back to coaching, how they are told to execute play and what plays are being called.

pete carroll and chip kelly are the best in the business pal

i wouldnt call them soft in any sense

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073

It all comes down to whether you can get a QB to run your offense. We don't have that. 

White is not an answer yet. hell, he's still learning. I still am wondering two days later if he got injured during the game. I saw his face on  a few of the snaps. He was literally grimacing when the ball hit his hands. Someone get his wrist checked out-I'm not sold it's still good. He's had his issues with snap handling before, but Friday night was a comedy of errors. 

That said...for all of you exploding about how we aren't making progress...Memphis was 4-8 and 3-9 in their first two years under Justin Fuente and now they're winning. UCF was 0-11 it's first year under O'Leary and while they won 8 games the next year, they regressed right back to a 4 win team the year after that. Suffice to say, winning doesn't happen immediately, especially when you haven't won crap in 3-4 years. 

Will we get there with Taggart? No one can be sure. But a lot of you are giving up too easily. 

cwt isnt getting fired so he will get his chance to turn usf around

he needs to being in more qbs next year as white isnt the guy

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Holtz got a transfer from Iowa, a quarterback who passes touchdowns all day long, threw for over 400 yards in his last game. You trying to tell me that USF can't get any transfers from a P5 school? Or as I should say, another transfer from a P5 school.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

"Soft coaching" has worked fine elsewhere, like with Pete Carroll and Chip Kelly.  Leavitt was an outlier when it comes to behavior as witnessed to the press reactions to his behavior during games and its not required to act like that to win.  Its not that, its execution AND scheme. Both go back to coaching, how they are told to execute play and what plays are being called.

pete carroll and chip kelly are the best in the business pal

i wouldnt call them soft in any sense

soft-spoken is what I'm assuming he was referring to

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm begging to fear we have a Ron Zook on our hands. I coach T knows what he is doing with the Xs and Os as much as he does with the recruiting process.

Ron Zooks team made bowl games every year and played helluva better teams

Exactly. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So our coach wishes he was as good as Ron Zook? Ouch.