• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rebuilding is still taking place!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

What happened when B.J. Daniels got hurt? We looked really bad on offense.

(1) We've not had the same level of QB efficiency since B.J. left.

We have seen glimmers of good football out of this team, so it's not a train wreck by any stretch.

Here's where I'm pointing the finger:

(2) Soft coaching. I think this is another "we love each other II". Just like Holtz bunch. And then you go and take their names of their back and they disappear into the fold of mediocrity. They phone it in and don't put in the effort. When you've got teenagers, they need an iron fist. Leavitt was no Santa; even the Sheriff still hates him.

(3) Young players. They just don't have enough experience to make decisions on the field. Make that really, really young players.

(4) Parts of a team, not a team. This team plays discombobulated football. Why? see above.

What do we have going for us?

Lots of young talent. And this staff can recruit. Sooner or later, we'll win in this soft as butter conference. You can't help it but win if you have the talent.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,738
  • Days Won:  3

Sooner or later, we'll win in this soft as butter conference.

I would imagine that gets said a lot over at University Boulevard in scenic Dallas, Texas. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,936
  • Days Won:  12

I'm begging to fear we have a Ron Zook on our hands. I coach T knows what he is doing with the Xs and Os as much as he does with the recruiting process. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

"Soft coaching" has worked fine elsewhere, like with Pete Carroll and Chip Kelly.  Leavitt was an outlier when it comes to behavior as witnessed to the press reactions to his behavior during games and its not required to act like that to win.  Its not that, its execution AND scheme. Both go back to coaching, how they are told to execute play and what plays are being called.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I'm begging to fear we have a Ron Zook on our hands. I coach T knows what he is doing with the Xs and Os as much as he does with the recruiting process.

Ron Zooks team made bowl games every year and played helluva better teams

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

We are definitely rebuilding and have a very young team.  We need to recruit a consistent quarterback.  Not sure if Quinton Flowers is the real deal or not, he hasn't been given a fair shot.  However, White & Bench are definitely not our future.  I really like the recruiting CWT has done and give him a lot of credit in that respect.  I have not been sold on his coaching or style of offense.  Granted he doesn't have his own full roster to implement his style, but so far not so good.

Our defense plays soft, too much space, lots of gaps and a lot of misreads.  I blame this on our Defensive Coordinator...Coach B.  

We have a lot of areas that need fixing.  Good news is that we also have a lot of freshman playing, which means a lot of room for improvement and still learning the system.  

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Bench is a transfer,what transfer is going to want to come to USF if treated like him?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

I wasn't a huge BJD fan. He was pretty good under Leavitt and was ok his first year under Holtz, but he took a step back his final two years. He never learned and kept making the same mistakes. But compared to what we have now, he was a god. I'm tired of hearing about this team rebuilding....it's been the same old story for 3 years and counting. This team hasn't looked like it improved at all, and that's on the coaches.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Bench is a transfer,what transfer is going to want to come to USF if treated like him?

Good question

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Davis is a senior, Dunk is a senior; they're not really, really young. If your leaders are doing really dumb things, you can expect the Fr & So kids to follow suit and lose focus. Only ones that doesn't seem to apply to is our backs--Swanson & Mack give strong effort no matter the conditions IMO.

Edited by raptorcj