• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Flowers isn't playing because he is a terrible QB. There's a reason we were the only school to agree to let him play the position.

The red part of your statement is untrue. The other may be.

Right. He must have picked USF over all his other QB offers because we have an offense tailor-made for his skill set. Couldn't be that a scrambling, spread QB had literally no other legit chances to be a QB and took the only one out there.

I can't speak for why he picked USF.  I was just bringing up the fact that he had other offers as QB.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I can only judge him from his two passes and two ints but the guy should be playing at WR or CB. 

CWT needs a legit  QB White is not that guy.  White should be on the Bench with Bench. 

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with some of the posters above...in this situation let Flowers get first team reps this week & start against Houston to see his stuff.  If he's good...great.  If he blows...go back to status quo of White and ride out the storm.

Edited by bull2saintleo
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

the offense is complicated and while he may eventually make the team better he would actually make the offense worse at this time.

Taggart making a decision to make the team worse is a bad one.  Flowers may come out with a nagging practice "injury" and redshirt if he doesn't play.

Good point.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We are still in contention for a bowl (however slim it may be).  You don't start a true freshman, with questionable throwing skills, just to get him reps at this point in the season.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

What is complicated about the offense? I swear I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say it is complicated.  WHAT IS COMPLICATED?  If it is the pre-snap shifting, then remove it from the playbook because all it does is wastes time.  Defenses are reading the play for how we line up after the shift.

I will say 2 things.

1. White has been accurate this season. 

2. If Flowers is a 4 star WR, and since his redshirt is already burned, then I say let him get some reps at WR... he'd still be learning the offense that way and he'd see the field more.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

What is complicated about the offense? I swear I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say it is complicated. WHAT IS COMPLICATED? If it is the pre-snap shifting, then remove it from the playbook because all it does is wastes time. Defenses are reading the play for how we line up after the shift.

I will say 2 things.

2. If Flowers is a 4 star WR, and since his redshirt is already burned, then I say let him get some reps at WR... he'd still be learning the offense that way and he'd see the field more.

Didn't they remove all the pre snap shifts for Whites first start and made offense less complicated and he looked decent. His first game could be his best. Not good progression at all.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

What is complicated about the offense? I swear I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say it is complicated.  WHAT IS COMPLICATED?  If it is the pre-snap shifting, then remove it from the playbook because all it does is wastes time.  Defenses are reading the play for how we line up after the shift.

I will say 2 things.

Except for 1/2 the passes he hasn't completed. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

What is complicated about the offense? I swear I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say it is complicated. WHAT IS COMPLICATED? If it is the pre-snap shifting, then remove it from the playbook because all it does is wastes time. Defenses are reading the play for how we line up after the shift.

I will say 2 things.

What team are you watching. White is accurate? When in warm ups or you watching replays of Pat White from WVU?