• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Quinton Flowers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

I am really trying to come up with a good answer why he isn't playing.  Why wasn't he inserted into the game for the 2nd half of Cincy, why isn't he starting this week……..Facts are Mike White and Bench are not the future, bowl hopes are slim why not see what you got. The few offensive series Flowers has played this season is no way to judge his talent. I understand why he did play those series, he was promised he wouldn't be redshirted & so for future recruiting purposes Willie played him.   

Many people want to give Willie more time, I am not necessarily opposed to that but I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel with the most important position on the field & that is very concerning.  There is no stud QB in the recruiting pipeline and the supposed 4 star stud that was brought in at QB is not playing, i am very puzzled by the whole situation. 

True freshman play at many other programs & are very successful, if your going to lose this year like we are, you mind as well go down with a freshman that shows there is a glimmer of hope.  But losing with a 2 star recruit who pretty much played football only in his senior of HS in 3A competition no less or kid only got recruited to Penn St because of their situation (he had no other "big time" offers) is absolutely mind boggling 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

the offense is complicated and while he may eventually make the team better he would actually make the offense worse at this time.

Taggart making a decision to make the team worse is a bad one.  Flowers may come out with a nagging practice "injury" and redshirt if he doesn't play.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

So far, Flowers has not shown he can throw the ball.  His passes that I've seen (albeit not many) have way too much air under them.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Flowers isn't playing because he is a terrible QB. There's a reason we were the only school to agree to let him play the position.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Flowers isn't playing because he is a terrible QB. There's a reason we were the only school to agree to let him play the position.

The red part of your statement is untrue.  The other may be.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The red part of your statement is untrue. The other may be.

Right. He must have picked USF over all his other QB offers because we have an offense tailor-made for his skill set. Couldn't be that a scrambling, spread QB had literally no other legit chances to be a QB and took the only one out there.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

People need to stop thinking Flowers is a 4 star DT-QB. He is a 4 star WR/Athlete, big difference. BJ Daniels was a 4 star DT-QB. I'd still like to see him play though, since his redshirt is already burned and White/Bench don't seem to be the future. The season is probably lost, so let the kid play and see what he has. But, if for some reason the coaches can get a medical RS, then sit him for the year and put Bench in.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

Throwing is overrated for a qb.

Hehe

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Throwing is overrated for a qb.

Hehe

This comment, in combination with your avi, made me laugh.