• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Could any performance by Bench have secured him the job?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

I would love for someone to ask Taggart the question at the press conference.

"Coach Taggart, could any performance by Bench today have secured him the starting role for next week? What would Bench need to have done in order to get the sstarting job considering White's inconsistency?"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,168
  • Days Won:  12

"Coach Taggart, could any performance by Bench today have secured him the starting role for next week? What would Bench need to have done in order to get the sstarting job considering White's inconsistency?"

The media around here are softer than our defense. They don't have the balls to ask real questions.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The media around here are softer than our defense. They don't have the balls to ask real questions.

It's probably because they don't really care.  

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Already left a voicemail for Harlan.  However, that question was asked of Taggart last Wednesday at Beef's.  He stuck to his guns and said well we are not watching them on a daily basis and White is the QB.  He is full of it.  You know what they say, " Pride goes before the fall"!    Did you ever stop to think that CWT is still controlling too much and maybe just maybe the other coaches are trying to do their job but he gets his hand in it and if he disagrees you are SOL!!!!!   But we will never hear of those disagreements.  But.......I will make a bet that he can't get out of his own way and let the coaches coach.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,168

It's probably because they don't really care.

They don't ask tough questions about the bucs or Rays either. Guess they don't care about anyone?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

Already left a voicemail for Harlan. However, that question was asked of Taggart last Wednesday at Beef's. He stuck to his guns and said well we are not watching them on a daily basis and White is the QB. He is full of it. You know what they say, " Pride goes before the fall"! Did you ever stop to think that CWT is still controlling too much and maybe just maybe the other coaches are trying to do their job but he gets his hand in it and if he disagrees you are SOL!!!!! But we will never hear of those disagreements. But.......I will make a bet that he can't get out of his own way and let the coaches coach.

"We are not watching them on a daily basis..."?

Then what his he doing? He is the head coach. That I the worst answer I've ever heard.

Edited by Gismo

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,863

The AD shouldn't be dictating who starts at QB. But the AD needs to set a standard...

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

In my opinion his performance today was good enough to get him another start.

But Captain Ahab is obsessed with the great White QB and is going to pursue that option to a bad end. So my answer to your question is NO. No performance could give Bench the starting position.

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Did you ever stop to think that CWT is still controlling too much and maybe just maybe the other coaches are trying to do their job but he gets his hand in it and if he disagrees you are SOL!!!!!   But we will never hear of those disagreements.  But.......I will make a bet that he can't get out of his own way and let the coaches coach.

He's the head coach.  It's his way or the highway.  It's like that at 100% of college football programs.  You're complaining about something that goes on in 100% of programs.  I'm not quite sure what you are expecting here.