• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why can't we get a decent Defensive Coordinator??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

You needed a finer example of my above post? Defense forces a turnover at the 12 to turn the entire game around potentially, any offense fumbles it on the next play. Dont expect the defense to come back on the field fired up

Are we still watching the same game....

Um... I don't know. Were you watching the beginning drive of the second half?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

How could anyone watch the first half and focus on our defense being bad?  Our offense was horrific, and the Cincy defense came in ranked 120th in DI.  The Cincy offense is pretty good.  No saying our defense is great, but it is light years ahead of our offense.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

You needed a finer example of my above post? Defense forces a turnover at the 12 to turn the entire game around potentially, any offense fumbles it on the next play. Dont expect the defense to come back on the field fired up

Defense also gave White the ball at cincy 40 he moved it 12 yds for a fg. The defense is not what is wrong with this team.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

How could anyone watch the first half and focus on our defense being bad? Our offense was horrific, and the Cincy defense came in ranked 120th in DI. The Cincy offense is pretty good. No saying our defense is great, but it is light years ahead of our offense.

Amen.

And people don't seem to realize playing defense with an offense like that makes you lose a lot of emotion quickly.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I was making noise about his crappy resume last year when he was hired but the defense wasn't always bad last year after they adjusted. I think part of that was the players were better quality than most here gave credit. I think the entire coaching staff is suspect though, the more games I see, they might be in over their heads.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

How could anyone watch the first half and focus on our defense being bad? Our offense was horrific, and the Cincy defense came in ranked 120th in DI. The Cincy offense is pretty good. No saying our defense is great, but it is light years ahead of our offense.

+1.

Defense was letting a Cincy run all over for some reason, but if the offense could have done anything, even just get into FG range and a few first downs, it would have been a completely different game. Offense is throwing picks and fumbling it left and right. And then we get it at the 12 from the D and fumble it the next play. What do you expect with an offense that doesn't get first downs? No surprise Cincy scored 34 from our turnovers.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,006
  • Days Won:  38

The offense's horrible execution was the reason why they lost today.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Defense gave up 590 yards

I was making noise about his crappy resume last year when he was hired but the defense wasn't always bad last year after they adjusted. I think part of that was the players were better quality than most here gave credit. I think the entire coaching staff is suspect though, the more games I see, they might be in over their heads.

Considering the youth we have on defense, the defense has done reasonably well.  It is difficult when your offense is consistently horrid.

Defense gave up 590 yards

And the defense was constantly on the field in the first half because the offense at times didn't even have a three play drive.