• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Is Coming!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

No expectations.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The one thing that prevents an uptempo offense is failure to get defensive rebounds.  The bigs need to hit the boards hard.

From what I've read about Cousins, he supposedly has a real mean streak and won't back down. I have high hopes that he will be the enforcer and will do much better on the boards than most people expect, at the moment.

I had previously posted this article on the prospects board, but thought I should repost it here:

Jaleel-2-v-San-Jac_crop-620x330.jpg

Jaleel Cousins had 13 points, 15 rebounds / Keith Speer

17-2 run sparks Navarro’s rally past San Jac

January 5, 2014

By MIKE PHILLIPS / Corsicana Daily Sun

These are the numbers — the Ripley’s Believe it Not numbers — from Navarro’s 83-78 win over San Jacinto Saturday afternoon. Believe this: The two teams combined to shoot 93 free throws in a game that stopped and started more times than rush-hour traffic in Dallas.

Read more at:

http://www.navarroco...y-past-san-jac/

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

The one thing that prevents an uptempo offense is failure to get defensive rebounds. The bigs need to hit the boards hard.

This. Plus fierce rotating aggressive defense. I think Perry and Cousins are capable of doing the former. The latter requires seriously athletic wings. Not sure we have any yet. If Zeigler and Clayton step up and Holston is as good as advertised from long range then we can win some games.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Looking for players to hit the J.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The one thing that prevents an uptempo offense is failure to get defensive rebounds. The bigs need to hit the boards hard.

This. Plus fierce rotating aggressive defense. I think Perry and Cousins are capable of doing the former. The latter requires seriously athletic wings. Not sure we have any yet. If Zeigler and Clayton step up and Holston is as good as advertised from long range then we can win some games.

I know you didn't mean this, but Cousins has an unbelievable wingspan. He was recently measured at some big event and they were commenting on that attribute. I believe it was mentioned in his thread on the prospects board.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I wouldn't be surprised if we were good....but there's no question it's a rebuilding year. Really looking forward to some hoops!!

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I am hoping for a Cinderella season but won't be disappointed if it doesn't materialize. Of all the athletic programs I think MBB has the greatest chance for being a top 25 contender sooner than later.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

I am hoping for a Cinderella season but won't be disappointed if it doesn't materialize. Of all the athletic programs I think MBB has the greatest chance for being a top 25 contender sooner than later.

I wouldn't put their chances ahead of men's soccer or softball. However, I do think they have a better chance than football for being a top 25 contender sooner than later.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Golf is already top 20 this year.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Golf is already top 20 this year.

I mean a sport I'd watch, lol.