• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Basketball Is Coming!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

USF fans can get geared up for the exciting basketball season ahead by attending Hoops Hysteria on Saturday, Oct. 25 at the Sun Dome.

Hoops Hysteria, sponsored by USF Health, will take place from noon to 3 p.m. and the free preseason pump-up event features plenty of entertainment for fans that can meet and interact with both USF basketball teams in a number of ways. The first 1,000 fans through the gate will receive USF basketball schedule magnets for attending.

Once doors open at noon, inflatables and air brush face painting will be available in the Kids Zone while attendees can participate in the Select-A-Seat season ticket program. Fans also can pick up cool Bulls items during the USF Yard Sale with benefits supporting the Bulls Club and USF Athletics.

Women’s team introductions begin on the court at 12:45 p.m. followed by a special pep talk by head coach Jose Fernandez. Men’s team introductions will follow before new men’s head coach Orlando Antigua grabs the mic to greet the crowd.

The Herd of Thunder band and Spirit Squads will be on hand to keep the energy going as the event continues with a 3-point contest that features members of the women’s team. The men’s squad will take the court afterward to compete in a dunk contest.

The Kids Zone, the USF Yard Sale and the Select-A-Seat program will resume after the dunk contest and fans can interact with both teams during an autograph session that takes place at the end of Hoops Hysteria.

Prior to Hoops Hysteria, both USF head coaches will conduct a clinic at the Pam and Les Muma Center that’s right next door to the Sun Dome. The Orlando Antigua and Jose Fernandez Ladies Hoops 101 Clinic starts with registration at 9:30 a.m. and the event covers the x’s and o’s of offense and defense and rules and regulations from 10 a.m.-noon. The clinic also will feature a question-and-answer period with both coaches. Cost of the clinic is $40 (lunch included) and fans can reserve their spots by calling Jessica Cooley at 813-415-8754 or by email at Cooleyj@usf.edu.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

New Bigs On The Block

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

I wish I could believe these words at face value. I'm really excited for the season, but I'm definitely tempering my expectations. It's one thing to say we will be running an up-tempo offense, it's a completely other thing to actually do it. Here's to hoping it's not just boasting!

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I wish I could believe these words at face value. I'm really excited for the season, but I'm definitely tempering my expectations. It's one thing to say we will be running an up-tempo offense, it's a completely other thing to actually do it. Here's to hoping it's not just boasting!

It's a process. We should gradually improve as the season goes along. Hopefully, the team will start to gel in the new system by the time conference play begins. CoachOA knows what it takes, from playing and coaching for quality teams, and won't take shortcuts or settle for less. Keep the faith.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822

It's a process. We should gradually improve as the season goes along. Hopefully, the team will start to gel in the new system by the time conference play begins. CoachOA knows what it takes, from playing and coaching for quality teams, and won't take shortcuts or settle for less. Keep the faith.

Don't get me wrong, I do have faith in COA. I'm just a bit jaded from continuously hearing in the pre-season that "We'll be running an up-tempo offense" and then that just does not happen during the season (I realize this was CSH, not COA saying this :D). I don't mind whatever way we play, especially if it is to win. I would just prefer the coaches to be honest in pre-season so I expect one product, yet end up with another. I do understand that it is not fair to doubt COA's word as of now, since he has not had a chance to coach one game at USF yet. So I'll try to believe him.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361

I am optimistic because I believe with Corey Allen and AC at full strength their guard play will be as good as any one in the AAC.

If someone emerges as a reliable three point shooter they could surprise.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

The one thing that prevents an uptempo offense is failure to get defensive rebounds.  The bigs need to hit the boards hard.