• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Get on THE BUS!

Guest PCBull14

Between Andre Davis and McFarlands blocked fg I'd say that's what like 24 points Holtz is partially responsible for. We are improving and Holtz definitely left the cupboard nearly bare at wr QB and rb but people need to stop being so audacious.

You forgot OL you know the most important position on the offense. You can have the best QB in the game, but if no one is blocking no one will ever now. Thank god we are not recruiting anymore IVY leave linemen. Would love them in the front office..not on the field.

Edited by PCBull14

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Because I'm confident good coaches would have used timeouts strategically to try and change momentum.

Other than possibly to slow down a Chip Kelly type no-huddle offense, I've never heard of any football coach, good or bad, calling a timeout to try and "change momentum". None of the Tulsa scoring drives were over 5 minutes so it's not like they were using up huge chunks of time marching down the field. Time outs can be too important at the end of halves to waste.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I can safely say that this was a game that we would've lost under the two previous regimes in that situation. Notice I said "in that situation." Leavitt's teams seemed to always lose games like this and Holtz is obvious.

How many times were we down 20+ to a 1 win team with Leavitt and Holtz?

The team could have given up, and they didn't. It was awesome, but we should have never been in that situation.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Doubt it. Go back and watch Kansas 2008 game. We were down big early came back went down, came back. One big difference that was against the #13 team in the country.

Are you trying to say Leavitt's teams were not mentally tough? They never lost a game in OT. Those teams played over their heads a lot of the time.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073

Just an interesting fact.  Once we joined the Big East in 2005 and became a BCS member, Leavitt's teams NEVER lost to a non-BCS opponent.  I can't think of one time where that happened.

I think the first time was Balls Tate under the Holtz regime.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

CJL - gone

CSH - gone

CWT - HERE! This is where we are. Moving forward.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073

I'm fine with that.  Let's beat Cinci.  Imagine what this team can do when they learn to pay well in both halves.

Edited by MaltLiquorBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Doubt it. Go back and watch Kansas 2008 game. We were down big early came back went down, came back. One big difference that was against the #13 team in the country.

Are you trying to say Leavitt's teams were not mentally tough? They never lost a game in OT. Those teams played over their heads a lot of the time.

He was taking the glass half empty approach that we never should have been in that position to begin with against a team like Tulsa ..

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Seems like some on here take the glass half empty approach to EVERY scenario. Must be a miserable existence. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I agree we shouldn't have been down 27-7 to Tulsa...this team is better than that.

I do see improvement and that is a good thing. If this team ends the year hot winning 4 of last six I will be thrilled as should most fans.