• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Just saw Mike White was given game ball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Our OL should be even better next year and we are getting Gibbons from Stanford.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

A gesture to build confidence.

This, but very much deserved.

Davis should have gotten one, too, if he didn't ...

Agree 100%, but if there was only one to be given, White should get it, he stands to benefit most from the confidence boost.

What is this, a five year old soccer league?

Davis earned THE game ball.  If you are giving out multiple, I'm ok with White getting one for his second half.

One of my favorite plays by White today was the key 3rd down conversion when he started running the ball, acknowledged he probably would make the 1st down, but then threw the short pass to Davis to get convert. Davis ended up getting his 2nd TD catch

That was nice.  Impressed to him hit some throws on the run.  Clearly he has been working on that.  Good for him and the coaches, paid off today.

Our OL should be even better next year and we are getting Gibbons from Stanford.

We are graduating three starting OL.  We'll do well to maintain status quo next year.  Freshman very, very rarely come in a make an immediate impact on the OLine.  Fortunately we seem to have two or three guys that are close to being ready to step in.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Agree 100%, but if there was only one to be given, White should get it, he stands to benefit most from the confidence boost.

Davis earned THE game ball.  If you are giving out multiple, I'm ok with White getting one for his second half.

I'm proud of you, Shadow.  If there was ever someone I would consider a candidate for supporting participation/effort trophies, you'd have been the first one I'd guess.  

I'm proud of you, Shadow.  If there was ever someone I would consider a candidate for supporting participation/effort trophies, you'd have been the first one I'd guess.  

Once again proving you (and many others on here) make way too many assumptions about people you don't know.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Yeah, you and I are certainly guilty of that.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,863
  • Days Won:  12

Mike did fantastic in the second half. That's tough to bounce back from a rough first half

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

Almost every team has that play in their book.  And some teams actually gain YAC.  We don't seem to do that often.  Believe the idea of running that, especially early, is to get the QB some early completions and get them into a rhythm and hope to break it.  That same play was the first play called in the Holtz era and it went for an 80 yard TD.  Probably the last time it worked for us.

They do and it's dumb. it's a high risk low reward pass and they called it twice in a row. the first one went for 3 yards and the second was a pick 6. he throws it 20 yards sideways to gain 2 yards most of the time. those are  the throws you see that are returned for pick 6 almost every time. I hated when Holtz called them and i hated when leavitt did too. I guarantee the defense scores more often than the offense on that play call. they did set up that pump and go late in the game though. that same corner jumped the rout and Davis got behind him.