• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart has officially changed the culture.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,421
  • Days Won:  19

Need to savor the victory and hold off with the sweeping statements until it's clear that's the case.

correct

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

It's not a sweeping statement though.     6 out of 7 games this year the Bulls have fought hard and given 100% effort the entire game, and even in the NC State game, they were giving the effort, they just got whooped.  This isn't the 1st game that the Bulls have shown that they have a different attitude as a football team, It's just the 2nd (Western Carolina too), time where that fight resulted in a win.

It's easy to say "I won't make any judgements until the team starts winning consistently."  but you can see the signs of a bad to mediocre team on the right track of becoming a great team, and vice versa.   Look at Muschamp and Florida.  The signs were there from early in Year 2 that he was tanking that program, but most Gator fans didn't want to accept it.   Same deal with FSU and Jimbo.  The record didn't show right away but he had been hauling in massive recruiting classes, and anyone paying attention knew that FSU was on the brink of being a monster again.    USF is on that track.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

the difference was andre davis

he was a "bcs" talent..

tulsa had no one on their roster that could cover him

who recruited him?

tulsa was terrible and usf is better than tulsa

I am almost 100% positive that Skip Holtz recruited Andre Davis

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822

he was a "bcs" talent..

who recruited him?

Larry Scott recruited Andre Davis, he's TE coach at Miami now. It was during Holtz's regime.

Edited by Sipher

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,326
  • Days Won:  43

he was a "bcs" talent..

who recruited him?

Larry Scott recruited Andre Davis, he's TE coach at Miami now. It was during Holtz's regime.

Larry Scott was one of USF's best recruiters. Great to see a former USF player do well in the coaching ranks. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822

he was a "bcs" talent..

who recruited him?

Larry Scott was one of USF's best recruiters. Great to see a former USF player do well in the coaching ranks. 

Yeah, I know a lot of people here were sad to see him go. But I wish him luck over there at Miami.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

It's not a sweeping statement though.     6 out of 7 games this year the Bulls have fought hard and given 100% effort the entire game, and even in the NC State game, they were giving the effort, they just got whooped.  This isn't the 1st game that the Bulls have shown that they have a different attitude as a football team, It's just the 2nd (Western Carolina too), time where that fight resulted in a win.

It's easy to say "I won't make any judgements until the team starts winning consistently."  but you can see the signs of a bad to mediocre team on the right track of becoming a great team, and vice versa.   Look at Muschamp and Florida.  The signs were there from early in Year 2 that he was tanking that program, but most Gator fans didn't want to accept it.   Same deal with FSU and Jimbo.  The record didn't show right away but he had been hauling in massive recruiting classes, and anyone paying attention knew that FSU was on the brink of being a monster again.    USF is on that track.

You haven't seen the same team I have, especially for the NC State game. Again, let's wait and see IF USF can beat a team that doesn't shoot itself in the foot and is actually competitive. Haven't beaten one of those since Holtz was coach.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

I love reading your optimistic posts.  But you didn't just suggest that we are on the same track as FSU after beating Tulsa in a squeaker did you?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

It was a great comeback. Almost unbelieveable. I was pretty happy about the victory too. However I spit the kool-aide out half way thru the second half. A team like Tulsa should not score 28pts on any average team in one half. I felt the team was not prepared mentally especially the D to play this game at the start. SMU is an expected win. I will probably be at that game. Coach Taggart needs to win two more besides SMU for me to stop my skepticism about him now. He appears to be a pretty good recruiter. If Tags can recruit some road grater OLs,for Mack, a true starting FBS QB, and improve the D I will stop being skeptical that Bull Nation hired Skippy II. When it comes down to it, the Bulls only played half a game again.

Edited by BullDoug
  • Upvote 2

Guest PCBull14

It was a great comeback. Almost unbelieveable. I was pretty happy about the victory too. However I spit the kool-aide out half way thru the second half. A team like Tulsa should not score 28pts on any average team in one half. I felt the team was not prepared mentally especially the D to play this game at the start. SMU is an expected win. I will probably be at that game. Coach Taggart needs to win two more besides SMU for me to stop my skepticism about him now. He appears to be a pretty good recruiter. If Tags can recruit some road grater OLs,for Mack, a true starting FBS QB, and improve the D I will stop being skeptical that Bull Nation hired Skippy II. When it comes down to it, the Bulls only played half a game again.

True but under Skip we would have played a full 60 minutes and still lost by two. Our play calling is still pretty terrible if you ask me, we can move the ball on every team we have left we stop with the bad calls. Also our running game needs a better design, look how Tulsa had their blocking set-up it was genius.

Now once we adjusted they didn't adjust and really they still ran the ball pretty well up until the last few drives. I just feel we should be getting more then 2-3 yards a run. The big run will happen but boy it would be nice to average 4-6 a pop and then throw in the big chunk run. Maybe time to redesign the blocking scheme a little