• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Taggart has officially changed the culture.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

There isn't an unwinnable game on the scheduls

Correct! Would love to see this team win out. Imagine if this team wins 7 or 8 and then win a bowl game? Regardless, I would take 6 wins and a bowl game.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

There isn't an unwinnable game on the scheduls

Correct! Would love to see this team win out. Imagine if this team wins 7 or 8 and then win a bowl game? Regardless, I would take 6 wins and a bowl game.

if we can get bowl eligible i will be ecstatic.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

OP, I agree. Can't lose the forest for these Tulsa trees IMO. Regardless of WHO it was, this team has not been a big comeback-capable unit, but they just made a record recovery and won...IN CONFERENCE no less. Outstanding.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

It was a heck of a comeback and a good win any way you slice it considering what the outlook was at halftime. I am proud of the team and the coaches. They got the job done. Just hesitant to really think the culture is flipped completely. I think it's the first step to that, but it was Tulsa who is 1-6 now for a reason. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,404
  • Days Won:  13

Need to savor the victory and hold off with the sweeping statements until it's clear that's the case.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Nice comeback win. Hopefully, a stepping stone to more consistent winning, but before getting too giddy, the way some people around here do, let's keep things in perspective. Our wins have been over an FCS team, a 1-6 UCONN team (whose only win is vs Stoneybrook) and a 1-6 Tulsa team. None of our wins were in dominating fashion.

Happy with the win and the heart the team showed in coming back, but too early to make a blanket statement about where the team is yet.

Edited by usfgrad84
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

We got our teeth kicked in during the first half and had to make a miracle comeback vs a 1-5 team. Lay off the kool-aid...

You obviously didn't read anything I wrote.   Like I said, this isn't the most talented team out there by any means.  Far from it.   We have 1 great WR, 1 average one, and nobody else.   Our O-Line ranges from mediocre to awful depending on the week.   Our D-Line is the weakest part of our team and never creates any pass rush.  Our LB's are extremely inconsistent and often times end up frozen just watching the play go on in front of them (and a few seconds later, behind them).  We have next to no depth on this team as well.

The team though is still fighting to the very end, and giving 110% effort on the football field.   That's a total 180 from where we were only a year ago.    That may sound like some moral victory garbage, but as the talent Taggart recruited starts to develop, and new guys are brought in, they will be brought into a program with a never say die attitude, and not one of a bunch of wimps, which is what they were.   That alone is a massive accomplishment, regardless of whether it was against a bad Tulsa team or not.

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

the difference was andre davis

he was a "bcs" talent..

tulsa had no one on their roster that could cover him

who recruited him?

tulsa was terrible and usf is better than tulsa

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

CWT has been changing this culture since the 1st day he was hired.  The problem is that it takes time to do it the right way. I see this as how it took time for Leavitt to build the program. I think it wont take as long as Leavitt as he had to build from the ground up, so I think CWT will get us there in two more seasons. I would love to see 6-6 this season. That would be a great step forward to get that bowl game. I dont care what bowl. Just to get a bowl game and give these players more practice time. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I can't honestly say the team would have had the fortitude to make a come back like this the last 4 years or so.  Hopefully a game like this where the team fought to overcome adversity and it translated to a win can be a turning point for the team.  This is the first time I've seen this team not flinch in the face of adversity but rather come back and fight through it.  We still need to put together 4 quarters of football though...