• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS News Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

An on-campus stadium would showcase the campus to both our own alumni and visiting fans. The campus is very nice now for those that haven't visited for some time. The school has done a nice job with the new dorms and shaken some of that 'commuter' school image. A stadium would be that final piece and keep the money within the school.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Spend the money

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Why not...

USF just needs to invest

--------------------------------

But the opportunity to do it may have already passed

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

Ditto, GA. Win some games first and disguise the red & pewter in RJS before entertaining the OCS.

Also need to place better team logo on mid field.  Hate to see the hollow logo.  

Although, it will obviously be better in that regard in an ocs, I thought they did a pretty good job on the field for the ECU game considering it was a night game and the Bucs were playing at 1 the next day. Was the white flag even in the middle of the field?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Ditto, GA. Win some games first and disguise the red & pewter in RJS before entertaining the OCS.

Also need to place better team logo on mid field. Hate to see the hollow logo.

Although, it will obviously be better in that regard in an ocs, I thought they did a pretty good job on the field for the ECU game considering it was a night game and the Bucs were playing at 1 the next day. Was the white flag even in the middle of the field?

You're right, that's an improvement. I wonder if that's an issue addressed by Harlan, which seemed overlooked before.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

Also need to place better team logo on mid field. Hate to see the hollow logo.

You're right, that's an improvement. I wonder if that's an issue addressed by Harlan, which seemed overlooked before.

I was going to mention the Harlan angle, too .... Maybe he brought some field decorating hints with him from UCLA.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Until we start winning an OCS is just an expense. It will provide a boost in attendance for about 3 games. Once the novelty of the new venue wears off attendance will suck unless we are winning.

It comes down to having an entertaining product.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Also need to place better team logo on mid field.  Hate to see the hollow logo.  

We have been to all of the games and I do not think the white surrender flag was on the field at any of them- I only remember the small iconic U

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

can we at least.. BRAINSTORM on where it would actually fit?

Step 1) Where would we put it?

Step 2) Does the location have enough room to fit the stadium, plus 20,000+ parking spaces? 

Step 3) What kind of a conniption fit would the local residents have, when they realize that a stadium is being built within earshot of their house? This stadium is going to host other events other than football. (Concerts, motivational speakers, etc)

Its-Not-Going-to-Happen-Mean-Girls.gif

There is quite a bit of empty real estate west of the Embassy Suites (where they used to do the Christmas car rides), ya'll thinking about putting it there?