• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Freakshow

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

PLENTY of blame to go around. Coaching, defense, QB...

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

For those of you that missed last night's game Davis finished with 6 grabs for 124 yards and touch. Yep, kid sucks!

Andre please stink the rest of the season just like last night.

Go Bulls!

I doubt you even read any of this thread before replying.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I'm confused, before the game many were anointing him as the best ever yet last year everyone complained about him the same way, afraid to take a hit, giving up on routes, etc., etc.  Which is it??

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

He still had over 100 yards receiving and has the most yards for USF passing  Carlton Mitchell

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

He needs more of an "ice-man" mentality.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I think White and the staff called up his number a bit too much. TEs and backs could have seen some more passes thrown their way. Mix it up.

A lot of those drops were a consequence of good physical DB play. Lots of balls were sure catches if it were not for arms and hands being slapped away after he had a finger on the ball.

NC, the first eight posts all dog the guy including your thread that began the topic. Not sure if you were drunk or are just a dip **** or a combination.

The guy had a great game. He could very well be the AAC player of the week with those stats. I'm not calling him out or anything, I'm just saying he had a very good game.

Go back to the soccer field.

I guess I'm just a dip ****. But what I saw was a guy who, like the rest of the team, had a great first half and then fell apart in the second half. My original post was pointing out that you'd like to see him make one of those crucial plays near the end of the game. Perhaps you're happy giving him a gold star for a good game; I and many others would have liked him to come through in the clutch for a chance to win. It's a habit of his, you know.

But I'm just a fan on a message board so what's the big deal? I didn't do anything really rude like call him a dip ****.

Call it like you see it, huh?  Check out a mirror, chief.

Glad you had fun at homecoming.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Here's the thing.  I was frustrated over Davis's inability to catch some of those balls late in the game, but most were hand fighting.  On the really painful one over the middle, late, he needs to learn to sheild the DB from the pass, and extend his arms & use his hands.  He's a senior, but it's not too late to learn.

All that said, man, the guy hasn't played in over 5 weeks (arguably all year, given his injury in Game 1).  And, he got open, made a nice TD catch to spark the team/crowd.  He also made a nice adjustment on a out route off the mark throw on 3rd down.  He had 124 yards on 6 catches.  He may be the only WR in the country with those stats catching flak.

Point is, he's rusty and needs to get better in traffic.  But he's clearly our best weapon (maybe behind Mack), and I'm glad he's back.  I hope to see improvement from him for the rest of his career here, and hope he can get us some Ws.  Other WRs need to take advantage of him drawing coverage...and White needs to target others to keep the D honest.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Call it like I see it.

Guy had a great game. Want to get on someone? Watch Augie take himself out of play after play on the defensive side.

Good yes, not "great" by any means