• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Homecoming Clash With No. 22 ECU Set for 7

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

I think we get completely blown out because out pass defense this year against good QB's has been horrible, but if Taggart could ever find a way to win, then we will legit have this team in contention for the AAC.

Tulsa is horrible.  SMU is the worst D-1 team in the country.  Cincy can score some points but has one of the worst defenses in the country right now, and not just when they are facing Ohio State.   Memphis is playing good defense but still has offensive woes.  Houston looks about the same as last year.  UCF is not nearly as good as last year either.

ECU is BY FAR the best team in the league.  Hopefully we show up to play.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

We're 2-0 in night games, 0-3 in afternoon games. 7pm sounds great to me.

Huh, I hadn't realized this. Neat.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,741
  • Days Won:  3

Given that we seem to have the skill to play either up or down to the competition, I don't think this will be a blowout. USF will be the underdogs and could make for an exciting game. An upset here would be great.  I wonder what factors influenced the seven p.m. start time vice the traditional day-time start? 

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

I wonder what factors influenced the seven p.m. start time vice the traditional day-time start? 

ECU is ranked and there was an available slot on ESPNU.....

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

Given that we seem to have the skill to play either up or down to the competition, I don't think this will be a blowout. USF will be the underdogs and could make for an exciting game. An upset here would be great. I wonder what factors influenced the seven p.m. start time vice the traditional day-time start?

I would guess it was ESPN. We're on the Espnu in the prime-time spot probably because ECU is ranked. Just a guess,

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

I talked to the administration about this because I was questioning the noon kickoffs and they said that the administration spoke to the conference and requested homecoming to be at noon the last few years in order to protect the students from over indulging in the adult beverages. The schools get a say in requesting the times for the games if they so choose. I personally think that noon games for homecoming are stupid and am hoping that the new AD does as well...

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

According to other postings on this subject, Los Administration, was leaning towards the noon kickoff as a means of ensuring that the chu'ren don't suffer alcohol poisoning by having surplus time - the devil's workshop - on their hands!

Now...instead the floodgates of consumption are open! And the guilt lies squarely with the new AD, who apparently has knuckled under to the pressure of the distilleries.

The horror, the horror... :FIREdevil:

Consider yourself, self warned. I hear that group behind you has a rather raucous tailgate planned given the late kickoff.

Who am I kidding, those a-holes would tailgate like that if it were a 4:30 am kickoff!

The floodgates of consumption always flow in the mall lot!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Were all going to die!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Were all going to die!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Regardless of the outcome of the game, most of us will live to se another day

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

At some point, our fanbase needs to realize that college football is played on Saturday afternoons, and it's time to get used to it.  7pm was nice before we were on TV every week.  Remember how much it sucked not being able to watch at home?

Complaining about Sat afternoon games is incredibly pompous.  The only games on Sat night are the national tv games......and the ones no one cares about.

Edited by BigShoop