• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Homecoming Clash With No. 22 ECU Set for 7

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,962
  • Days Won:  469

USF ATHLETICS GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DATE: SEPT. 29 , 2014

Follow @USFFootball On Twitter

Like USF Football on Facebook

USF Homecoming Clash With No. 22 ECU Set for 7

Bulls and Pirates to play on ESPNU

TAMPA, SEPT. 29, 2014 – USF Football’s homecoming clash on Saturday, Oct. 11 with a ranked East Carolina team has been set for a 7:00 p.m. kickoff on ESPNU.

USF (2-3; 1-0 American) has a bye week after an upset bid at No. 19 Wisconsin in which USF had the game tied at 3 at halftime and was within a touchdown until just over a minute remained in the third quarter before falling, 27-10.

ECU (3-1; 0-0 American) enters the week ranked No. 22 in the Associated Press Poll with its only loss coming 33-23 at No. 21 South Carolina. The Pirates are averaging 43.3 points per game and open American Athletic Conference play Saturday by hosting an 0-4 SMU team.

The Bulls and Pirates will be meeting for the fifth time overall and second as conference foes. USF holds a 4-0 lead in the series after posting a 24-7 win in the last meeting at the 2006 PapaJohns.com Bowl in Birmingham, Ala. This will be ECU’s first trip to Tampa since falling 41-17 in 2004 when both programs were members of Conference USA. The Bulls moved to the BIG EAST the following season. This is ECU’s first season in the American Athletic Conference.

The USF Football program is in its 18th season and 15th at the FBS level. The Bulls have made six bowl appearances, including every season between 2005-10, and have four bowl game victories. USF has produced 14 All-America selections, 23 NFL Draft picks and reached the No. 2 ranking in the Associated Press Poll in 2007.

USF football season ticket renewals are available. Members may renew their tickets today online, by calling 1-800-GoBulls, or in person at the Ticket Sales and Service Center in the Sun Dome administrative offices (Gate B).

Follow @USFFootball on twitter for all the latest information concerning the USF Football program.

- #GoBulls -

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Phew!

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Glad this is set for 7pm...I was worried it would be another noon kick with no time to party.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

i just want to see a crowd of 45k+ at this game and for us to win it and see those students run again.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Days Won:  3

I talked to the administration about this because I was questioning the noon kickoffs and they said that the administration spoke to the conference and requested homecoming to be at noon the last few years in order to protect the students from over indulging in the adult beverages. The schools get a say in requesting the times for the games if they so choose. I personally think that noon games for homecoming are stupid and am hoping that the new AD does as well...

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

According to other postings on this subject, Los Administration, was leaning towards the noon kickoff as a means of ensuring that the chu'ren don't suffer alcohol poisoning by having surplus time - the devil's workshop - on their hands!

Now...instead the floodgates of consumption are open! And the guilt lies squarely with the new AD, who apparently has knuckled under to the pressure of the distilleries.

The horror, the horror... :FIREdevil:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,927
  • Days Won:  12

I have mixed feelings about this game. I think we have a good chance of playing spoiler to a great ECU season, but I can see them pulling an NC State too... either way, we'll look great and will feel great with the 7pm kickoff

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  1

We're 2-0 in night games, 0-3 in afternoon games. 7pm sounds great to me.