• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT's Bus: who's on, off, undecided?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I could be wrong, but thought I read somewhere that Taggart said he was going to be more involved in playcalling. He said it after the UCONN game I believe.

There was a definite improvement this week.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I could be wrong, but thought I read somewhere that Taggart said he was going to be more involved in playcalling. He said it after the UCONN game I believe.

He said more involved in the offense. He never said a thing about play calling.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

He said more involved in the offense. He never said a thing about play calling.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/taggart-audibles-will-call-more-plays/2198354

"I'm going to be a little more involved in (play-calling),"

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

Our bus has had little to no maintenance for years and what little was done was completed, at times, by unqualified mechanics.

Kinda like when an older cousin passed me her car. With a limited budget I had to decide if I got a tune up, adjusted the alignment, fixed the oil leak or bought four new tires. Sold my buddies (without cars) on the idea that we could all work together to make it work for us. It took time and help but we finally got it running just fine.

So I am on the bus and chipping in for repairs.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Our bus has had little to no maintenance for years and what little was done was completed, at times, by unqualified mechanics.

Kinda like when an older cousin passed me her car. With a limited budget I had to decide if I got a tune up, adjusted the alignment, fixed the oil leak or bought four new tires. Sold my buddies (without cars) on the idea that we could all work together to make it work for us. It took time and help but we finally got it running just fine.

So I am on the bus and chipping in for repairs.

If we are going by that analogy Skipper wasnt even driving

"GHOST RIDE THE WHIP BABY!! TWO MIL A YEAR TROLOLOLOLOLOL"

ghost-ride_zpsb693c545.jpg

Edited by Hem

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

I am on the bus, I just really hope that he gives up running the offense and just focuses on the CEO role. I'm not talking about playcalling, I'm talking about completely. Hire an offensive Coordinator and let him do the work.

Paul Wulff was hired back in January to be Offensive Coordinator. I assumed he's been calling the offensive shots..

That lasted until the Maryland game when CWT took over and things got worse. He then said he would get more involved and we had the NCSt fiasco. I'm hoping the Wisconsin game was an example of him letting his OC be an OC.

You're the only one who is saying this that I've seen...what's your source?

Looks like he said it AFTER the NCSU fiasco .... this provides a dilemma for the CWT haters.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

I am on the bus, I just really hope that he gives up running the offense and just focuses on the CEO role. I'm not talking about playcalling, I'm talking about completely. Hire an offensive Coordinator and let him do the work.

Paul Wulff was hired back in January to be Offensive Coordinator. I assumed he's been calling the offensive shots..

We had an offensive coordinator last year and Taggart still called the plays. Taggart will always be heavily involved in the offense, that's what he's "known for" and lives and dies by the great Power Run offense. 

To start the year he did say he would not be calling the plays and leaving that to Wulff and our WR coach, but pretty sure before last week he came out and said he would have a bigger role in that moving forward. 

To be on the bus I ask myself, do I see that power run offense being successful in the American and the truth is I dont.  It is interesting the two times it looked halfway decent this year was against big 10 teams that had quality, albeit somewhat slower units.  It isnt a big play offense as of right now and does not string enough plays together to get the 25-30+ points that are needed to be scored against our conference opponents.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

We had an offensive coordinator last year and Taggart still called the plays. Taggart will always be heavily involved in the offense, that's what he's "known for" and lives and dies by the great Power Run offense. 

To start the year he did say he would not be calling the plays and leaving that to Wulff and our WR coach, but pretty sure before last week he came out and said he would have a bigger role in that moving forward. 

To be on the bus I ask myself, do I see that power run offense being successful in the American and the truth is I dont.  It is interesting the two times it looked halfway decent this year was against big 10 teams that had quality, albeit somewhat slower units.  It isnt a big play offense as of right now and does not string enough plays together to get the 25-30+ points that are needed to be scored against our conference opponents.

Yea pro-style type offenses dont work in the American, just ask UCF...oh...wait

Edited by Hem