• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Notes from Madison

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

Just some random thoughts about the game and experience.

Fans here were about as nice as you could hope for. But one UW fan put it in perspective; we wouldn't be this nice if you were a Big10 team.

The jump around was cool but the coolest thing they did was a wave in slow motion and then after one trip around did the next one at hyper speed.

As he was leaving one of their fans said, "well you are a lot better than Bowling Green." Has it come to that for us?

The team looked like a real football team for most of the day. Lots of things could have been better but they looked better overall.

Even though we were missing a couple of hundred fans because of travel issues, those that were there repped well.

One of the team buses was involved in a slight accident. No players on that bus but the AD, Rocky and some fans were. No injuries. Just a real bad travel trip.

• Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,594
  • Days Won:  6

Great people and knowledgeable fans, but if I had to explain why South Florida one more time and that no, we are not in Miami.

• Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,594
  • Days Won:  6

And I agree the slow motion silent wave was very cool.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Did any of them admit to being scared for the first half and right before Swanson fumbled?

If they were honest, they would have said yes.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

I'll add: another very nice touch was that their band played our fight song pre-game, after our FG, and for post-game (5th Quarter show). Don't know if they did it after our TD. Only other place I've seen that was in Cincinnati for pregame a few years ago. I don't get the ESFO chant by the students at the end of the half, not quite as classy a touch.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Just some random thoughts about the game and experience.

Fans here were about as nice as you could hope for. But one UW fan put it in perspective; we wouldn't be this nice if you were a Big10 team.

The jump around was cool but the coolest thing they did was a wave in slow motion and then after one trip around did the next one at hyper speed.

As he was leaving one of their fans said, "well you are a lot better than Bowling Green." Has it come to that for us?

The team looked like a real football team for most of the day. Lots of things could have been better but they looked better overall.

Even though we were missing a couple of hundred fans because of travel issues, those that were there repped well.

One of the team buses was involved in a slight accident. No players on that bus but the AD, Rocky and some fans were. No injuries. Just a real bad travel trip.

Thanks for the recap, wish I could have made the trip.

• Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

I remember in the 80's, at a Gator game, they did the fast & slow motion wave - Very Cool.

Also of note, their RB needed a career high # of carries.

• Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

Did any of them admit to being scared for the first half and right before Swanson fumbled?

If they were honest, they would have said yes.

Yes a couple did.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

We were at the very top of the student section. 

The ushers apologized to us for the ESFU chant. It didn't bother us. We thought it was funny.

The student section was still filling up at halftime and it never completely filled. There were about 10 rows below us and another large section that remained open. The staff forces them to sit together. They don't appear to have specific seats, can't spread out across their section, and they can't go from section to section, even in the student section. 

I thought the TSA folks were tough about ticketing. They've got nothing on cops and ushers in Camp Randall. One girl tried to come into the shaded section behind us, complaining that she was feeling bad because of the heat. A cop told her that if the heat was getting to her she should go home, but she wasn't going up there.