• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

2015 6ft SG Jahmal McMurray offered

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

by USF and will visit soon.

TopekaHoops â€@TopekaHoops

#USF has offered 2015 guard Jahmal McMurray following their visit and he plans to take an official visit to Tampa.

His other offers are from Sam Houston State, Liberty, Nebraska Omaha, Northern Colorado, and UMass-Lowell.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

A couple of articles about him .... One about from before COA visited, another about him at a Wichita State camp. Hope he remembers who was the first higher profile program to offer him.

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Bolt/USF-head-coach-Orlando-Antigua-to-visit-2015-SG-Jahmal-McMurray-31255587

http://topeka-hoops.com/features/sg-mcmurray-enjoyed-wichita-state-camp/

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

6 ft shooting guards are a risky thing.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

As of now, not the most impressive offer list. Hopefully, this kid is a diamond-in-the-rough, in the similar vein as Anthony Collins.

As of now, not the most impressive offer list. Hopefully, this kid is a diamond-in-the-rough, in the similar vein as Anthony Collins.

Collins had better offers then this guy. I figure USF gets him unless someone else surprisingly commits before he does. To me if Coach O has to resort to this kind of recruiting for the 2015 class then there are other SGs out there with more height and size that could be more effective then him in the AAC.

• 2 weeks later...

Jahmal McMurray is on campus and I expect him to commit. Has a visit to So Illinois the following week if he doesn't commit to USF.

TopekaHoops @TopekaHoops 

2015 G Jahmal McMurray will take an official visit to #USF on Oct. 10 and #SIU on Oct. 17

Former Highland Park star Jahmal McMurray has seen his recruitment pick up in the past week.

McMurray, who is playing guard at Wichita Sunrise Christian Academy, has received an offer from the University of South Florida and Southern Illinois University and will take official visits to both schools.

USF head coach Orlando Antigua visited McMurray last week and extended an offer on Thursday after watching him play pick-up games at Sunrise.

“I was really excited when they called me and told me I was getting an offer,†McMurray said. “Really it boosted my confidence up a lot because I would love to play at the highest level and that’s one of the highest levels you can play on. Playing in the American Conference, have played against UConn, Memphis, Cincinnati, that’s really exciting to me because my goal is to play high-major basketball and the fact that I have a chance to do that is a blessing.â€

McMurray will take an official visit to USF on Oct. 10.

“They really like how I can defend and how I can score the basketball in a lot of ways,†McMurray said. “I just lead my team and I get wins, they love that I’m a winner and a competitor.â€

SIU head coach Barry Hinson also recently extended an offer to McMurray, who will take an official visit there on Oct. 17.

“That day he came in I probably missed two shots the whole day, I was on fire,†McMurray said. “They came in and offered me a full ride too.â€

McMurray took his first official visit to Sam Houston State on Sept. 19 and the Bearkats rank McMurray as a top target.

“That visit was a great visit,†McMurray said. “I had fun with the players, I got to meet all of them, I got to play them. The coaches are really good people. The school is one of the top schools in the nation, no doubt with academics. The people are just loving and they care so that’s a big plus. It felt like family being there.â€

In addition to USF and Sam Houston State, McMurray also holds offers from Nebraska-Omaha, Northern Colorado, Liberty, and Texas-Pan American.

Bowling Green and College of Charleston are the two latest schools to express interest in him.

“It’s really exciting, it’s a warming-type of feeling knowing that you have schools that really want you and having options,†McMurray said. “I’m really blessed to have options because I wanted to come here, work my tail off, and get looks and I’m finally getting them just shows the work that I’m putting in and making progress.â€

McMurray is considering signing in November during the early singing period.

“If I get the right look and the right fit, then I’m yeah I’m looking to sign in November,†he said. “If not, I’ll just wait till spring.â€

Being at Sunrise has been an enjoyable experience thus far for McMurray, who decided to reclassify in the spring after scoring 1,155 career points and making 202 3-pointers at Highland Park where he was a three-time all-state selection and helped the Scots advance to the state title game his final two years.

“The competition is great,†he said. “You have to bring your ‘A’ game every day. If you don’t, you’ll get exposed. I just come in focused every day to bring my ‘A’ game and I’m seeing progress and that’s why I’ve been able to dominate since I’ve been here instead of people dominating me. The competition here keeps you on your game at all times, there’s no slacking when it comes to playing at Sunrise.â€

http://topeka-hoops.com/features/mcmurray-excited-about-new-offers-from-usf-siu/

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

In addition to USF and Sam Houston State, McMurray also holds offers from Nebraska-Omaha, Northern Colorado, Liberty, and Texas-Pan American.

Bowling Green and College of Charleston are the two latest schools to express interest in him.

Color me underwhelmed at this list. Hopefully he balls out for us if he comes here.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Color me underwhelmed at this list. Hopefully he balls out for us if he comes here.

I'm hoping he keeps his balls in.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

The first video didn't look bad...just didn't look great. Seems like against this level of competition he has a nose for the lane and has the ability to finish under pressure. But it also looked like a pretty awful defense he was playing against. Shooting mechanics are ok but maybe a bit slow on the trigger. I do like his poise on the court...seems like a baller.

Coach O must see something in him...6' SG is a bit undersized, but if he can ball and shoot the 3 consistently then that won't matter.