• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Scouting Wisconsin (BGSU game)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

1.RB Gordon is the real deal.  He's a beast, and already NFL ready.  It will be tough to stop or even slow him down.

2. Wiscy QB can run, and has a decent throwing arm.

3. Punt returner is amazing.  In first half, already has two long PRs.  We'll need Ciabatti to boom 'em HIGH, and our guys can't miss tackles.

for the maybe good news:

1. Looks like you CAN throw on them.  Many times the BGSU WR's were able to get behind CBs, and they connected on a few (and got a DPI call).

2.  You can run on them...IF you can make them respect the pass.

3.  They fumbled 3 times in the first half.  We won't likely be so fortunate, but good to see they are vulnerable.

I still think we'll be 27 pt underdogs, depending on the outcome of this game, but I think if we go up there loose, open is up and play close to mistake free football, we can keep it respectaBULL.  A win in not likely, but it's college football, so anything can happen (I remember being at the FSU & ND game, and before the game, so many nice fans thanking us for showing up...but their voices indicating they had NO concern of losing.  That really made those wins all the sweeter.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,250
  • Days Won:  1

If we are going to have any success we will have to throw on 1st down early just to force Wisconsin to respect the pass. We will have to play turnover free and force a few to have a chance

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

There was a graphic on the TV that we are 2nd in the nation in either turnover margin or turnovers created ... I can't remember which.

Hopefully we see an aggressive D that can cause some turnovers and create some short fields for our offense.  

I would love to see our Bulls surprise us and shock Wiscy but no expectations on my end of that happening.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,863
  • Days Won:  12

Tough game. Not watching BG play them but I'm keeping my eye on the score. Hope our d line can bring down Gordon cause secondary will struggle.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Tough game. Not watching BG play them but I'm keeping my eye on the score. Hope our d line can bring down Gordon cause secondary will struggle.

BG threw a pick in the end zone that lead to a Wisconsin TD and then the fumbled on the next drive that also lead to a TD. We have to protect the ball and sustain drives the way we did last night

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Taggart is going to have to call the game of his life to win this game.  Defense is also going to have to gut it out.  I'd love to see a 4-3 look for Wisconsin for the first half and then switch to a 3-4 for the second half if we can keep it close.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978

The D is gonna be the difference. Looks like Wisconsin will be hard to contain...

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,111

68 yard td run for gordon. He has 246 yards on 12 carries. 5 tds

And when it's not him, it's McElvoy or Clements. 

Ever wanted to face a true national title contender? We've done it before (WVU 2007 and FSU 2012) but we were much better teams then and in the case of WVU, we matched them almost perfectly. 

Only way we win this is getting Wisconsin regularly in 3rd and long situations. I was surprised to see how ineffective Gordon was against WIU, but whatever they were doing has apparently been fixed against BGSU. That said their passing accuracy leaves much to be desired and I'm not sold on our ability to stop the run yet. UConn doesn't count.