• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We can win with a poised White

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

And less receiver drops.

White gets a A- tonight ... Very few bad throws and overall good decision making.

He showed tonight he is capable of it, and in adverse weather, no less. I certainly had my doubts which I voiced on here.

Receivers get a D-. Aside from the nice TD catch, as a unit they provided almost no help to the team at all. They all need to sleep with footballs next week so the leather can mold to their hands.

O-line gets a B+. They impressed me tonight.

Very glad to get the W tonight. Definitely some improvement on offense.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

The receivers were the worst unit for tonight's game. White's numbers would of been pretty solid had they caught the ball on a regular basis.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  0

The drops were bad... White looked much better since the O-line gave him more time. That INT was just bad.

The delayed handoff was the best play we ran all game, should have done that in a few more 3rd and long situations. 

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

My fingers and toes are a wrinkled mess and I was just sitting there. Solid game tonight boys!

Props to you Damon and others that stuck it out! Hope you dry out and get some rest!

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

The oline was impressive...we ran it down the middle every single time

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Agree with the exception of the receivers. I'd upgrade them to a C because of the wet conditions. That's a lot to ask of them to make reliable catches when the ball is like a greased pig. Good game management overall here, we won by a whole lot more in stats, and that's a positive.

Especially agree on the O line. Those guys played their hearts out tonight, and it was an outstanding sight.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

White was decent. Mack was decent. Johnson looked good.

Not sold that this offense works against any decent team or even one that shows up intent on winning. The only way this offense looks like it really works is if the OL can be dominate. After 16 games now of Taggart ball I see no indication that there is anything about the offense meant to utilize the speed and athleticsm of that Florida athletes are known for.

Glad we got the win, but other than one drive the offense is brutally boring to watch.

Some aspects looked improved. Overall performance, not so much.

White was decent. Mack was decent. Johnson looked good.

Not sold that this offense works against any decent team or even one that shows up intent on winning. The only way this offense looks like it really works is if the OL can be dominate. After 16 games now of Taggart ball I see no indication that there is anything about the offense meant to utilize the speed and athleticsm of that Florida athletes are known for.

Glad we got the win, but other than one drive the offense is brutally boring to watch.

Some aspects looked improved. Overall performance, not so much.

I agree with much of what you're saying ... the speed and entertaining part will come from the skill players, though, and my expectation hope is that as we get better at the offense, we'll begin to see more imaginative playcalling.  We have to get the basics of the offense down, and maybe tonight we saw they are starting to get it.  Receiver drops though set us back, as did the weather.

We're progressing, that much is clear, and that's really all we should be asking of the team and coaches.  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680

We beat the worst team in college football by 3...