• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

We needed that win

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

Let's build on it.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

Agreed it is not reasonable to expect to win either, but I'd like to be competitive. We still have win able games on the schedule.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Amen to the OP. Definitely some things to build on tonight.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Special teams played very well, with the exception of the stupid penalty, offensive line made holes for the running backs, running backs played very well in horrible conditions, defense played very well (except for last pass of the game), White was poised and played well without much help from his receivers, and punting was exceptional. Being optimistic a big improvement over last week. Still a lot of work and improvement needed, but we are 1-0 where it counts.

Edited by BullFan98

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

We're going to need to be crisp with quick hitting passes to not get blown out by Wiscy. They will be 27 pt faves (only because those who didn't watch this game will think our D is better than it is, based on stats).

If we can actually hit TEs and get more quick hitters for Adams (and Bronson), we may be able to keep it respectaBULL.

ECU has been a huge surprise.  I knew they were good, but they have to be the favorites to win the AAC (maybe Cincy, but we haven't seen them play anyone yet).

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Days Won:  7

The good news is we have an extra day to prep for the badgers. You can guarantee the team will probably be watching the Wisconsin-Bowling Green game tomorrow live. They haven't seen a lot of action yet this season and there's not a lot of film on them. McElvoy looked great against Western Illinois, but then it's Western Illinois. If we can stop Gordon (tough sell I know, but somehow WIU did it) we have a shot. I don't have a lot of faith in our pass defense after seeing UConn basically go vertical and get what they wanted. I half wonder if it was just prevent defense, but still. 

Davis is going to need to be back. Right now Rodney Adams is a OK #1, but his hands are a problem. He will be a challenge against a #2 corner. WIU and LSU both didn't have trouble completing passes, the difference is that WIU didn't have the speed to punish them. USF might. 

That said, I would not be shocked if Melvin Gordon runs for 200 on us. He's a Heisman contender for a reason.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  0

Even if it is just for today, its nice to be at the top of the American Standings. URL for proof, feel free to ignore if you don't want to give ESPN clicks. 

http://espn.go.com/ncf/conferences/standings?confId=151&year=2014

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Davis is going to need to be back. Right now Rodney Adams is a OK #1, but his hands are a problem. He will be a challenge against a #2 corner. WIU and LSU both didn't have trouble completing passes, the difference is that WIU didn't have the speed to punish them. USF might. 

I'm not sure I fully agree on Adams.  Yeah, that pass tonight that bounced off of him and was returned for a pick 6 was egregious, but I think that may have been weather-related, and I can't remember him having issues with catching passes before that.  Could be wrong, though.

Deonte Welch?  That guy seems to have bricks tied to his palms.