• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heads up: Weekly Press Conference (Video)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

Most telling quote in the whole presser and I'm paraphrasing when asked about the offense's identity,  'we want to be a team that even though you know what's coming, you can't stop it'.

Maybe the coaches can just take Saturday's off then IMO.  Run Run Pass Punt.  Repeat until clock says 0:00.  Hopefully defense has scored around 28 points by then and you get a well earned victory.

the quote  about Flowers was hilarious as well. paraphrase here " when he is out there you have to defend 11 NOT 10 players"   so basically  White nor Bench are anything to worry about yet we feel the need to stick with White as the starting QB.

Honestly more sad after watching the video. Too much Coach Talk and no answers

When you're losing, are there EVER any satisfactory answers ...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

the quote  about Flowers was hilarious as well. paraphrase here " when he is out there you have to defend 11 NOT 10 players"   so basically  White nor Bench are anything to worry about yet we feel the need to stick with White as the starting QB.

That's silly. All it means is Flowers is a dual threat and must be defended coming out of the backfield with the ball. The statement would be accurate for Peyton Manning, and I don't think sane person would start Terrelle Pryor over him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

That's silly. All it means is Flowers is a dual threat and must be defended coming out of the backfield with the ball. The statement would be accurate for Peyton Manning, and I don't think sane person would start Terrelle Pryor over him.

It's trying times like these that make people not see things as rationally as they normally would and want to pick apart each and every statement that comes out ...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

Oh how about when CWT said, and I paraphrase from Joey Knight's USF Sports Bulletin by Jeff Odom, "football is a game where you can be physical without going to jail and hit someone without going to jail. And I want guys to hit people and ... Let out all of those emotions."

That sounds to me, in my humble opinion, that CWT has gotten a hold of a bad batch of something. If that is his stand, and the University stands behind what he said, we ought to bring back Jim Leavitt so we can actually have a physically hitting football team that actually wins games. Leavitt would never have made a public statement like that, even though he led by example about being physical and emotional, like head butting players with their helmets on and coming out for the second half with his forehead bleeding. CWT apparently does not have as much class as I thought he did after saying something like that. And shows little to no emotion on the sidelines during the games. How are the players expected to be pumped up and ready to give their all, when he seems to be all talk and no action.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

Coach Taggart also said that Andre Davis' returned was unknown and he would not be back until he was 100% so he would be able to help the team. If he has that philosophy regarding Davis, why is he not using the same philosophy with White and keeping him out until his fractured arm is completely healed?

He also claimed with Flowers on the field, the defense had to defend 11 players and not 10. Last I saw, Bench can run pretty well when he has to based upon his performance with Maryland. So why was the redshirt burned when he had a running quarterback already in place? Would love a straight answer from coach regarding the QB situation.

Edited by Z Bull

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Coach Taggart also said that Andre Davis' returned was unknown and he would not be back until he was 100% so he would be able to help the team. If he has that philosophy regarding Davis, why is he not using the same philosophy with White and keeping him out until his fractured arm is completely healed?

He also claimed with Flowers on the field, the defense had to defend 11 players and not 10. Last I saw, Bench can run pretty well when he has to based upon his performance with Maryland. So why was the redshirt burned when he had a running quarterback already in place? Would love a straight answer from coach regarding the QB situation.

Bench had < 2 yards/carry. He's not a "running quarterback" he can scramble a bit, I don't envision designed runs and/or read-option football with Bench working anywhere.

That said, I'm not even sure why Tags made the comment to begin with. Does a dual threat QB even fit this offense?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Bench had < 2 yards/carry. He's not a "running quarterback" he can scramble a bit, I don't envision designed runs and/or read-option football with Bench working anywhere.

That said, I'm not even sure why Tags made the comment to begin with. Does a dual threat QB even fit this offense?

Ask Colin Kaepernick, he may know.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,978
  • Days Won:  469

It's trying times like these that make people not see things as rationally as they normally would and want to pick apart each and every statement that comes out ...

It's funny you would call these "trying times".  Sounds like you think Tags is trying something.  And not pick that a part, but the statement did come out and hence people act normally, aka suggest another QB - Bench.  Gaaah.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Taggart has almost completely lost me. His actions and his statements are 180 degrees apart, and sometimes leave me scratching my head.