• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Postseason

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Since football is toast already, It's going to be at least 2015 for a bowl game. Though I wouldn't put any money on it. Basketball means getting an at-large bid with UConn still around, so thats at least 2 years away as well. I think I have to go with baseball. Its a remote possibility, but we could make a run in the conference tournament and get an automatic bid this year and I don't think I'm crazy for thinking we have the pitching already that could get us into a regional the following year if Kingston can bring in a decent bat or two. Jucos in baseball can be incredibly lucrative.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

How could ANYONE pick football? Throw baseball out of it (which is actually what I picked) and just compare football and basketball.  Football only picks the top 4 teams, and with our conference we could EASILY go undefeated and still not get picked. Basketball lets 66 or 67 teams in. I think those are better odds.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

How could ANYONE pick football? Throw baseball out of it (which is actually what I picked) and just compare football and basketball.  Football only picks the top 4 teams, and with our conference we could EASILY go undefeated and still not get picked. Basketball lets 66 or 67 teams in. I think those are better odds.

Football includes bowl games, not just the championship. I am hoping ( maybe even delusional ) that we still get some luck our way and pull off a 6 win season. If nothing else we need the extra practice. 

That's why I said NCAA tournament or a bowl game. Postseason play for football is at about 55% (70/128), basketball is at about 19% (68/351), and baseball is 21% (64/298) if you break down the numbers.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

I'd love to see football make a bowl game, but I went with basketball. I think it will be interesting to see what Coach Antigua does, but hope that football pulls it out.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

In keeping with the overall TBP mentality of adamantly supporting someone/something that has zero proof of being good, I picked basketball. I think the new gold/yellow uniforms will push them to succeed.

Geesh, I'm starting to get too negative. Is it the weekend yet?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,745

So, it's not to the bowl games that constitute the final-four tournament in football? 

I'll just stick with basketball. It might be another case of play-in and quickly exit but

I think that might happen before football sees postseason play. 

Now, if we were talking about the bowls that constitute the playoffs, I'd definitely

stick with hoops. I don't think that's gonna happen in my lifetime (and according to 

the actuarial tables that's probably thirty-some years hence).

Yep. NCAA tourney for basketball, same for baseball, any bowl for football.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802

Football and basketball (unless you include NIT) have essentially no chance this year. Baseball has a shot.