• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Temper your expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Let me list what I'm saying, it will come out better.

1. After game number 1 some on here said "a win is a win, and we're heading in the right direction". I wasn't going to argument at the time but that was a silly way to look at a squeaker vs. a bad I-AA team.

2. After last week the offense still looked pitiful, but it was close. I thought the D would keep us there, but it's impossible when you can't keep the offense on the field for more than 3 plays.

3. We're probably in for another 8-9 weeks of this. We need a lot of changes in personnel. I just don't see this stupid system working with this talent.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Expectations do have to be tempered. It's incredibly tough to go through what we've had to go through and be ok with slow progress. I still think we win 4 games this year and we've scored 6 offensive TDs in 3 games vs. 11 in 12 games last year or something like that? It's brutally slow, but unfortunately that's the way it's going to be. Taggart better find a way to get a QB or we'll go 3-9/4-8 every year.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

I'm just hoping Harland doesn't give willie an extension like Woulard gave Holtz. That would be a huge disaster unless willie turns it around

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

What was silly about "a win is a win"? Nothing has changed since then to make that win better or worse...except our own perceptions or misconceptions.

I think we'd all have taken a win in the Maryland game...and then would your expectations be different?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

What was silly about "a win is a win"? Nothing has changed since then to make that win better or worse...except our own perceptions or misconceptions.

I think we'd all have taken a win in the Maryland game...and then would your expectations be different?

I guess I shouldn't just say silly. What was silly is using that win as some sort of springboard to a winning season. We won, but you could see the offensive issues were going to be our downfall this season.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Any more than 2 wins is an improvement over last season, I doubt many of us here have "expectations" anymore. It's more or less hope.

We hope for a 6-6 season...but until our offense figures out how to football and our defense figures out how to not give up 500 yards, we won't be winning many games.

Marlon Mack has no chance against a stacked line. Until we prove we can put the ball in the air on a consistent basis, this offense isn't going to be impressive. 

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

anybody who thought a 2-10 team with an epically bad offense would magically turn into a winner with essentially the same personell was foolling themselves from the start.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

anybody who thought a 2-10 team with an epically bad offense would magically turn into a winner with essentially the same personell was foolling themselves from the start.

We have 19 new players on our 2 deep. NINETEEN! 

It will take time for this team to grow, they are VERY young. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

We have 19 new players on our 2 deep. NINETEEN! 

It will take time for this team to grow, they are VERY young. 

I should have said key personell.

o-line and QB