• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Biggest Problem Is OL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Just rewatched the first half. The OL is absolutely horrible. May as well give #76 some popcorn and a drink because he just watches his guy go by on just about every play.

They are just the biggest problem and that is where it starts. The play calling makes no sense a lot of times and at times I am not sure the offense is mentally in the game a lot times.

I will stand by what I have been saying I am not sure the coaches on this team are capable of organizing and directing an offense that can win with this team.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Yea left tackle is horrendous....but isnt this always the problem with usf? Have we ever had a dominant OL and why is that?

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

And before anyone says its a florida thing....ucf's oline last year was a big part of their success...3 in the nfl

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

I agree we can't run the offense he wants with this line a good coach will adjust he hasn't...

White will never work with this line need to use Bench.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

Our O-line is without a doubt our biggest problem. I'm not entirely sure any quarterback, no matter how talented, would provide us with anything other than sub-par play behind this line. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't our O-line some of the most experienced players we have out there now? 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

Yes o line is mostly seniors and juniors I would sit them all and play the young guys.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

USF O-line is bad...

Better than last year, but still extremely bad

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

Yes o line is mostly seniors and juniors I would sit them all and play the young guys.

It makes me wonder why we haven't gone this route already. Clearly this coaching staff doesn't have a problem with playing the young guys if they give us a better chance to win. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

The QB clearly has no time because of the line, but the coaches know this and still do nothing to change what they are doing. And yes, a smart and creative OC can do some things to help out. Even a screen or draw play would be productive. Quick throws to the edge would help out. Adams has been productive with the jet sweep in the first couple of games. Nothing.

I really just don't see these coaches as too bright on the offensive side of the ball and that goes for game management too. We were lucky we weren't down by 35-7 at end of first half.

Here is what I mean about not bring too bright in managing the offense: we get the ball at around our 20 with 2:20 to go. Play 1. Dump off pass to Mack. Loss of 2. Next play White snaps the ball with 20 seconds on play clock. Drops the snap. 3rd and 19. Again, snaps with 20 seconds left.

Now you give them the ball back with plenty of time in good field position. Genius coaching and management!

Next play Brissett has a huge run, but gets called back. We were lucky.

I have lost all confidence in this staff to be able to field and manage a productive offense. They are totally lost without a clue how to fix it. It is 15 games in and our QB is still at 25% completion rate.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680

O line looks bad because every team we play just stuffs the box and blitzes and our QBs can't make passes or handle pressure.

If we had a passing threat from our QB I think you would see the O-line looking better since defense couldn't stuff the box and blitz every single down.