• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Odds & Ends--NC State game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Back in Jupiter, after watching the game at Ray Jay, staying till the bitter end.  Read most of the posts/Tweets, and wanted to add some nuggets and maybe get some additional comments or views on the topics.

1. When it's 90+ degrees, and sunny...make the ROAD team wear dark jerseys to absorb heat & maximize the weather advantage.  We wear white...cooler.  Not a game changer, but a nuance that helps, and we need every edge.

2.  My nominee for Bulls Alum D*ck of the Week:  Keyvon Webster, for this Tweet.  Nice to kick your alma mater in the nuts on one of the worst nights ever.  I find myself wanting to see him get cut (but it passes, as I pull for all Bulls, and assume he was being a jerk).

Lol we getting killed out there" @kayvonwebster

3. Newcomers accounted for 100% of yards receiving & rushing (over 100%, if you factor in White's negative yards rushing, due to sacks, mainly).  True freshmen accounted for all of those, except RS Freshman Swanson's 4 yards and Senior transfer Dungy's 7 yard reception. That's telling on many levels (but Adams, McFarland & Price with no catches...or catchable balls...is more telling).

4.  Take away White's beautiful bomb, and he's 3 of 15, for 7 yards.  Flowers completed more passes to NCSU than USF.  Might be time to at least test drive Evans at QB v UConn, if we're in a position to not affect the outcome (i.e. blowout either way).

5. I get how fans are upset, but if you choose to pay & attend, try to make some noise on 3rd down for the bad guys.  I was at the 40 behind the Bulls bench, and I nearly had to plead those in the section to make noise.  Being embarrassed of the team's play is one thing.  But try to show some pride as a fan by doing what you can.

6.  Many may've noticed, but Sawyer and Fulwood got in late, and from the little I saw, they had some pop & fire.  Sawyer almost body slammed a WR after a catch, instead of the drag tackles & groping we saw from most others.

7.  The 3-4 may be dead.  Or, the lack of stunting like we saw v Maryland was somehow abandoned.  They knew which 3-4 were coming all day, and handled them.  If you can't help your DL, your LBs are toast.

8.  We have TOO many talented young DBs out there to leave Dunkley as a starter.  He's a great athlete, but not a good corner.  Good WRs will own him all season if he stays.

9.  The season isn't lost. It's bleak, but we're 1-2 like I thought we'd be.  Lose to UConn, and we're dead.  Otherwise, we can still salvage this...IF Taggart & Co. figure things out and the players step up and play to the level of their talent.

It was hard to sit thru, and one of the worst games I've ever endured.  But, we HAVE to play 9 more, so I'm hoping the players & coaches figure it out quickly...for sure by Friday.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Lots of good comments. However on #1, it is an ncaa rule that road wears white unless agreed to by the teams ahead of time (see our games against WVU in 2008 and FSU in 2009).

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Back in Jupiter, after watching the game at Ray Jay, staying till the bitter end.  Read most of the posts/Tweets, and wanted to add some nuggets and maybe get some additional comments or views on the topics.

1. When it's 90+ degrees, and sunny...make the ROAD team wear dark jerseys to absorb heat & maximize the weather advantage.  We wear white...cooler.  Not a game changer, but a nuance that helps, and we need every edge.

It's an NCAA rule

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,215
  • Days Won:  422

2.  My nominee for Bulls Alum D*ck of the Week:  Keyvon Webster, for this Tweet.  Nice to kick your alma mater in the nuts on one of the worst nights ever.  I find myself wanting to see him get cut (but it passes, as I pull for all Bulls, and assume he was being a jerk).

Although I really don't see that as being that horrible, you may want to change it to Bulls Ex-Player **** Of The Week. There have been plenty of bigger **** alums on this board alone.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,215
  • Days Won:  422

It's an NCAA rule

I thought it could be changed, though, before the season if both teams agreed?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It's an NCAA rule

I thought it could be changed, though, before the season if both teams agreed?

Trip, you are correct.  It has to be before the season and both teams have to agree.

It's an NCAA rule

Wondered about that.  Makes sense that NCSU wouldn't agree.  Thanks for the update.

Although I really don't see that as being that horrible, you may want to change it to Bulls Ex-Player **** Of The Week. There have been plenty of bigger **** alums on this board alone.

Touche'.  I don't think it's horrible.  Just crappy for an ex-player, who many likely look up to, taking a dig (and "lol" should be reserved for teens).

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Good post, Jup, thanks. I especially like #9...we're 1-2 and that was realistically where we should be, barring an upset (that almost happened vs Maryland). There are more wins on the schedule in conference play. And unfortunately another blowout debacle up in Wisconsin...