• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

even Leavitt had some terrible losses

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

We went from Thursday night curse to every game curse. I am not a proponent for getting rid of CWT though.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Couldn't get any worse.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Leavitts teams never quit...never!!! I have seen way too much quitting the last 3 years

What? How many Leavitt teams came out dead flat, got outplayed, and didn't do anything until the second half?  I mean, come on people, grasp reality.

I don't know .... how many? Of the criticisms of CJL, that one doesn't ring a bell. You have plenty of examples, right?

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

The loss to Army? Leavitt was still playing 1AA players against 1A opponents.

Conversely, Holts and Taggart have had 1A players and couldn't consistently beat 1AA teams.

This thread has great potential.

Leavitts teams never quit...never!!! I have seen way too much quitting the last 3 years

What? How many Leavitt teams came out dead flat, got outplayed, and didn't do anything until the second half?  I mean, come on people, grasp reality.

I don't know .... how many? Of the criticisms of CJL, that one doesn't ring a bell. You have plenty of examples, right?

Dude, where have you been.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/296482-south-floridas-jim-leavitt-goes-wwe-at-halftime

With his team leading lowly Louisville 17-16 at halftime last Saturday and the players seemingly in need of motivation, Leavitt did what only Leavitt does.

He threw himself into the helmeted head of walk-on linebacker LaDre Watkins and opened a gash on his own nose and forehead. There was Leavitt, falling backwards and bleeding.

No doubt he then hollered and hollered some more at his guys, as Leavitt is known to do.

"He head-butted [Watkins] and fell backwards," said Bulls safety Nate Allen. "I couldn't help but laugh because that's the best one I've seen."

That's right, Leavitt's done it before and typically requires help afterwards from the team's athletic training staff.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,325
  • Days Won:  43

The loss to Army?  Leavitt was still playing 1AA players against 1A opponents.

Conversely, Holts and Taggart have had 1A players and couldn't consistently beat 1AA teams.

I am all for USF to roll out the red carpet and welcome Leavitt back. He is USF football. It was the greedy boosters that wanted more wins that got rid of him. That was the biggest mistake USF has ever made in sports. Go back and watch USF kick WVU's tail in 2007 on national TV with 67K in RJS. How could USF forget who brought them to national respect? Now! Karma has set in towards USF over their bonehead move. 

Hotlz beat P5 teams Leavitt didn't or couldn't. Louisville away, Rutgers, Miami.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/296482-south-floridas-jim-leavitt-goes-wwe-at-halftime

With his team leading lowly Louisville 17-16 at halftime last Saturday and the players seemingly in need of motivation, Leavitt did what only Leavitt does.

He threw himself into the helmeted head of walk-on linebacker LaDre Watkins and opened a gash on his own nose and forehead. There was Leavitt, falling backwards and bleeding.

No doubt he then hollered and hollered some more at his guys, as Leavitt is known to do.

"He head-butted [Watkins] and fell backwards," said Bulls safety Nate Allen. "I couldn't help but laugh because that's the best one I've seen."

That's right, Leavitt's done it before and typically requires help afterwards from the team's athletic training staff.

Even though it was BR, I read it anyway. That was one game. Your bolded doesn't mean crap unless you can come up with more than a few games where we made big 2nd half comebacks after being listless in the first. Right now, your answer to my question is 1

Even though it was BR, I read it anyway. That was one game. Your bolded doesn't mean crap unless you can come up with more than a few games where we made big 2nd half comebacks after being listless in the first. Right now, your answer to my question is 1

That was one game I quickly found that said, USF was down the first half and Leavitt had to motivated them and it noted he had done it before. If you don't remember that, try Ginko.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,325
  • Days Won:  43

What about that game at Houston when Leavitt 1st did the head but during halftime? During our C-USA days. I believe we came back on the road at ECU too but not sure if he used the head butt trick.