• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What did Bench do?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Why did we not see Bench in the game against NC State?

Can someone close to the team give us any insight?

What did Bench do to make Taggart hate him so much?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I can only hope that he wanted to give White this game to redeem himself as starter and we hopefully see Bench vs Uconn

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I can only hope that he wanted to give White this game to redeem himself as starter and we hopefully see Bench vs Uconn

Nah, White's fail went on too long in the game for him, he lost his chance for redemption, in my eyes, way before the first half ended.  

Maybe White caught Bench sending sexts to a member of the Taggart or Harbaugh family ...  :o

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

It does seem irrational, especially since Flowers - who CWT continues to say is the third string QB - got in the game before Bench.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

He stole coaches toothbrush and comb and that's why we look bad.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

It does seem irrational, especially since Flowers - who CWT continues to say is the third string QB - got in the game before Bench.

Yeah but most of his plays were run plays which CWT had already said they'd use whether white was QB or not. Now if your referring to the times he actually got to throw I'm pretty sure the coaching staff was already in a "**** it, let's see what the kids got" mindset

Edited by RedBull13

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I am guessing here, but the only thing that makes sense is that Bench got pissed when CWT was starting an injuried White over him. He must have mouthed off and landed in the dog house.

CWT seems like a disciplinarian and Bench seems to have a hot head and may have thought he played good enough to earn the start especially with White's injury.

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Yeah but most of his plays were run plays which CWT had already said they'd use whether white was QB or not. Now if your referring to the times he actually got to throw I'm pretty sure the coaching staff was already in a "**** it, let's see what the kids got" mindset

I wanted to see White get a chance this game to see if he had what it takes but I think that it's hard to argue that he should have come back in at the start of the half and especially the beginning of the fourth quarter. From the play calling for Flowers I think it's clear he doesn't know the play book yet and was forced into the situation.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Bench was one of the few players on the sidelines trying to rally his fellow team mates despite the dumpster fire of an offense unfolding throughout yesterday's game. It seems odd that Taggart didn't put him into the game yesterday.