• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Worst Decision of the Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I said it before they even ran the play, and I was scoffed at.

Your young starting QB finally makes a play with your receiver for a 75 yard TD.

The next time your offense goes out on the field you finally have something you can build on.  Maybe, just maybe you have a confident QB and a defense on it's heels a bit and there is a small chance you can start to build on it.

And you pick THAT situation to bring in Mr Wildcat to run two plays off tackle and completely change what you are doing to destroy the little rhythm you might have been starting to develop?

Really?

It is absolutely mind boggling that any coach would do that to their young offense that had a chance to put more than one positive drive together and you sabatoge it.

That one decision alone is enough for me to want Taggart fired.

On a side note, it looked to me like CWT was calling plays again.  Clearly he's demonstrated last year that was a good idea.

At least when Holtz was here we could keep games close.  This is an embarrassment.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

The decision to keep white in the game was the worst decision of the game.

We'd have done better with the little read options the rest of the game instead of White.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

I agree that was a terrible decision…if you want to do that crap do it when we are down late in the game not early in the game.

And WTF where was Bench…it is clear he is your best QB and you don't play him. 

I am really close to getting off the CWT bus I think the guy was a bad hire. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,404
  • Days Won:  13

You weren't alone and the decision makes me really think Taggart is in over his head. Of course, his OC may have called it, but either way, the buck stops with CWT.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

You might've heard me screaming, too.  I was stunned, for the reasons you listed.  White makes an amazing throw to get the paltry crowd into the game, and they send in Flowers.  Flowers then runs what ALL of us knew he'd run.  QB sweeps.  Then Mike comes in, and it's over.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

You weren't alone and the decision makes me really think Taggart is in over his head. Of course, his OC may have called it, but either way, the buck stops with CWT.

I've said it before. and I will say it again, Taggart is in over his head

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  14

Your young starting QB finally makes a play with your receiver for a 75 yard TD.

The next time your offense goes out on the field you finally have something you can build on. Maybe, just maybe you have a confident QB and a defense on it's heels a bit and there is a small chance you can start to build on it.

And you pick THAT situation to bring in Mr Wildcat to run two plays off tackle and completely change what you are doing to destroy the little rhythm you might have been starting to develop?

Really?

It is absolutely mind boggling that any coach would do that to their young offense that had a chance to put more than one positive drive together and you sabatoge it.

On a side note, it looked to me like CWT was calling plays again. Clearly he's demonstrated last year that was a good idea.

At least when Holtz was here we could keep games close. This is an embarrassment.

Agree. What an idiot. And then after flowers runs for 2 downs and it is third and 2, he brings white back in. Tool!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I get the feeling they don't even have a plan on what to do with Flowers or how to develop him.

I have no problem with bringing Flowers in after the TD. It may have been pre-scripted to bring him in on that drive.

My problem is, when a new, young QB comes into a game for the first time in his career, any coach that knows what he is doing sets the kid up for success. Start out with a couple of short swing passes. Maybe roll the pocket and throw a quick pass to the flat. All high percentage, easy, non risk stuff. What moron calls a sprint out, long downfield pass where the QB has to throw downfield on the run for his first career pass?

Looking back over the offensive output since Taggart has been here, I really am starting to question if there is an understanding, by anyone on this staff on how to organize and run an offense effectively at this level. Look how many games our QBs have been below 50% passing. How many games we have scored 1 offensive TD or less. Our offense seems to be getting worse. 5 QBs in 15 games with no real sign of improvement.

It is more than just the QB with that kind of ineptitude.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The next time your offense goes out on the field you finally have something you can build on. Maybe, just maybe you have a confident QB and a defense on it's heels a bit and there is a small chance you can start to build on it.

Really?

On a side note, it looked to me like CWT was calling plays again. Clearly he's demonstrated last year that was a good idea.

At least when Holtz was here we could keep games close. This is an embarrassment.

Agree. What an idiot. And then after flowers runs for 2 downs and it is third and 2, he brings white back in. Tool!

True.  After you have Flowers run the first two plays, let him try to run for the 1st down or hand off and then let White come back in on (hopefully) 1st down.  Instead you put White back into a pressure situation with it being third down and then you throw.  Way to put your players in a position to fail.

• Upvote 1