• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lose 49-17 and complete 5 passes?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Steve, did you see Bench last game?

If so, what did you see that gave you any comfort?

I certainly don't speak for everyone, but my rationale for running Bench out there is simple. When has he ever gotten even a fraction of the support or reps that White gets week in and week out? I am 100% positive White is a terrible QB. Bench has given you the exact same production with a quarter of the reps and a coach who hasn't even marginally given him a shot. Can he really be worse with more playing time and practice?
This. Give him the reps with the first team

For some reason willie is not giving h a chance

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

His passes hit receivers in the hands, the receivers didn't catch them.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

I certainly don't speak for everyone, but my rationale for running Bench out there is simple. When has he ever gotten even a fraction of the support or reps that White gets week in and week out? I am 100% positive White is a terrible QB. Bench has given you the exact same production with a quarter of the reps and a coach who hasn't even marginally given him a shot. Can he really be worse with more playing time and practice?

Something has blinded Taggart. His allegiance to White lacks explaination.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

You guys saw a different Bench.

I don't like to get too specific with player thoughts, but he's small and missed a number of passes.  That's it.  He may be able to scramble, but that's not a game plan.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Look at the tape.  Bench's passes were in the vicinity of the receiver, and he had received almost no reps with the 1s during the previous two weeks unlike White.

3/4 of White's passes aren't close enough for the receivers to see them before they bounce several times. 

Besides, at least the offense looked interested when Bench was in control.  Today the offense looked like they would rather be indoors playing ping pong.

Bench isn't the answer.  But White has to sit.  Either Bench or Wilson simply cannot possibly be worse.  And, no, Flowers isn't anywhere near being ready.  This was painfully obvious today.  He's maybe good for a handful of Wildcat plays per game.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You guys saw a different Bench.

I don't like to get too specific with player thoughts, but he's small and missed a number of passes.  That's it.  He may be able to scramble, but that's not a game plan.

Um, White and Flowers were hitting passes?  Bench's passes were at least to the appropriate receiver and close to the receiver.  He's hasn't had nearly the opportunites White has to get settled in.

I believe that Taggart also believes he is too short.  Give me a guy that can make the plays over a guy that appears to be a better athlete.  Grothe was "too short" also, that's why no one wanted him.  Bench isn't Grothe, but I don't see how anyone can say that as of this moment he isn't the best option.

Forget the "potential" of White or Flowers.  They have no chance of getting it done in 2014.  Bench has shown more than either in very limited opportunities.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Something has blinded Taggart. His allegiance to White lacks explaination.

ii can only think of 1 thing. The Houston game last year. 

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

No one looked good. Oline and QB both suck

Oline was pathetic. I watched 5 blocking 3, and all 3 got through ...

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Totally agree,  He didn't lose the game last week, Special Teams lost the game.    Give BENCH the reps and start him this week.   Seems Coach T is all about White for whatever reason. Maybe White is a YES SIR WILLY GUY or a Practice Star?   Coach might get canned if he doesn't make the adjustments needed to compete and win.  He needs to wake up asap.

• Upvote 1