• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Content Count:  7,488
  • Days Won:  10

Cameron told me himself that our coaching staff screwed his recruiting process up.

Edit:  Of course, that was his side.

Edited by Ricky the Bull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Always seemed to me that Cameron got too big for his britches, thought he was a big violation and left us in the lurch.

Chances are he'd be starting here now.

• Topic Count:  1,029
  • Content Count:  7,488
  • Days Won:  10

I think there was a bit of an ego issue there, especially after the Elite 11.  As a RS Sophomore, it will be interesting to see whether he buckles down and works or transfers to and FCS program.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Cameron told me himself that our coaching staff screwed his recruiting process up.

Translation: they did not properly kneel before him and kiss his HS ass?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

As far as I know Chase Litton is committed to Marshall but that could always be subject to change. I'd love to get him back in the fold.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Let's keep in mind what we're talking about here.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1070751/highlights/111522385

This is a very talented quarterback prospect. Maybe it would be an exaggeration to call him a five-tool player at the position, but he's certainly close to it. I think he showed that he is a valid athlete his senior year. You could also see that on his basketball tapes. He possesses balance and flexibility, the ability to make people miss, a fluidness and some speed. Obviously he's also very big and smaller defensive backs have a tough time with that. As far as throwing the football goes, it's really hard to get better than this. He's got a compact delivery and high velocity. He can throw on the run or with a proper setup. His footwork is good and very rhythmic. He's got a good head level and posture during his drops.

Maybe he's a troubled kid. Maybe he's a ****. I don't know and I don't know how much I care. He hasn't been in legal trouble since he was around 16 years old as I recall, and even that was normal 16 year old hijinx before you're old enough to know any better. I've seen some of the most successful people you can think of get into exactly that kind of trouble at that age. I know he comes from a good family and that's half the battle. Sometimes more than half, depending on who you talk to.

If his commitment to Marshall is soft and the relationship between he and the coaching staff salvageable, he is certainly worth going after. It's easy to talk all high and mighty in May about how much better off you are without a kid like this in the fold, but when it's September and your two quarterbacks are completing 39% of their passes through two games, try being high and mighty about it now.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Translation: they did not properly kneel before him and kiss his HS ass?

As a Jupiter resident whose kids went to school with him...JTrue's take is most accurate, imo.

Edited by JupiterBull

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

In other "former QB commit" news, a true freshman was named the starter at Wake Forest over Tyler Cameron and others.

Total blast from the past. Cameron was one of Holtz's first QB wiffs. He had to go after Gunsby, as a result of Cameron going to the Demon Deacons, if I recall.

What were his other whiffs?

I think in Skippys first year it was Brion Carnes, then the next year it was Tyler Cameron and the following year Ashianti. So it was Jamius Gunsby and Brion Carnes not Tyler Cameron.

Bingo.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Every single kid named in this thread has ended up doing squat at the school he went to instead of USF.... nothing is there to believe that any of them would have been good here.

As for Litton... that ship has sailed... he burned a lot of bridges over on Fowler that will never be rebuilt. The kid is a head case that needs to grow up some.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

As far as I know Chase Litton is committed to Marshall but that could always be subject to change. I'd love to get him back in the fold.

I know you're solid at evaluating talent, so what is it you like in Litton?

The fact that he couldn't get much interest after de-committing makes me think he's nothing but an average QB.