• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marlon Mack 2014 Debut Video

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Rewatching those runs he had to have had at least 130 yac kid keeps his feet moving and bounces of would be tackles.

Can't wait to see what he becomes here.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Next year we going to have this kid and also flowers starting prbly... next year is going to be fun.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,561
  • Days Won:  29

Very impressive.

11 yards per carry is expected from a great back against WCU.

He looks special.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

He was clearly the best player on the field

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Most impressive to me is the way he sets up his blocks.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

After watching that, our O-line looks REALLY bad.  They got pushed around,  and is a few, you see O-line looking to hit someone.  Mack's main talent was seeing the bodies and holes, and hitting them quickly.

I worry those holes will close v better teams, but the O-Line should know that all they need to do is engage their guys for a bit, and Mack will burst.  I did see some good blocking by TE & WRs, which is typically key for the longer runs.

I wouldn't say 11 ypg is expected against scrubs (as noted above). Plenty of great backs played scrubs last week, and this true freshmen tied a Bulls record (and set an AAC record) in his first game.  That's nothing but impressive.  Tougher times ahead, but this is a darn good start.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

After watching that, our O-line looks REALLY bad.  They got pushed around,  and is a few, you see O-line looking to hit someone.  Mack's main talent was seeing the bodies and holes, and hitting them quickly.

I worry those holes will close v better teams, but the O-Line should know that all they need to do is engage their guys for a bit, and Mack will burst.  I did see some good blocking by TE & WRs, which is typically key for the longer runs.

I wouldn't say 11 ypg is expected against scrubs (as noted above). Plenty of great backs played scrubs last week, and this true freshmen tied a Bulls record (and set an AAC record) in his first game.  That's nothing but impressive.  Tougher times ahead, but this is a darn good start.

It's funny you say that about the Oline.  I just got done watching that highlight video and thought the same thing.  Our Oline may be bigger but they are not nasty at all.  They got pushed around by a horrible FCS team.  There were a couple of 3rd and 4th and shorts where we ran it and couldn't pick up the first down and even the 2 point conversion they tried running it and got stuffed.

The 2014 team is 2013 2.0 + Marlon Mack

Really disappointed!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

It's funny you say that about the Oline.  I just got done watching that highlight video and thought the same thing.  Our Oline may be bigger but they are not nasty at all.  They got pushed around by a horrible FCS team.  There were a couple of 3rd and 4th and shorts where we ran it and couldn't pick up the first down and even the 2 point conversion they tried running it and got stuffed.

The 2014 team is 2013 2.0 + Marlon Mack

Really disappointed!

Hopefully the OLIne & staff will notice that when they review the film.  D Williams may be the most docile OL in the FBS.  But, last year, in a game I can't recall, he got upset and played nasty.  I don't know what did it, but we need to channel that again.  This line needs to get NASTY, and personally insulted when they get pushed backwards or their RB gets killed.

Pass protection wasn't bad, actually.  But, I haven't gone back to look at film.

3 areas in dire need of improvement for MD:  OL, QB and D scheme.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

makes you wonder how many yards he could have put up with thor out there.  eatmon was in and out too.