• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students Perspective on the Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks USFbull2012. My feeling is that this needs to be looked at from a different angle. Being a USF student and supporting your school's football team should trump any Greek rules. No disrespect to the Greek community, but football is by far the biggest part of the college experience. I would be extremely surprised if the AD knew about this and didnt do anything to try and change it. He has been doing great with student relations, and y'all had a great showing last night-- I know Greeks make up a big part of that turn out. We need to keep it going. God knows this team needs the 12th man.

No problem. I really enjoy bringing the student perspective to you guys. Especially for the old guys that have been out of the students shoes for a while lol

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I don't get the Greeek thing either, but I worked my way thru school, so it wasn't a consideration.  That said, I know a lot of people who loved Greek life, and have used that network they built for careers after college.

So, it's a personal preference.  I'd just like to think that there could be a way to get all students who WANT to be at the game, to the game.  This concern about somehow tainting the process seems silly, given the myriad ways to students to communicate.

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

Again, why would you not be able to go if it's done outside the auspices of any Greek organization?

I don't get the Greeek thing either, but I worked my way thru school, so it wasn't a consideration.  That said, I know a lot of people who loved Greek life, and have used that network they built for careers after college.

So, it's a personal preference.  I'd just like to think that there could be a way to get all students who WANT to be at the game, to the game.  This concern about somehow tainting the process seems silly, given the myriad ways to students to communicate.

Its not silly its ridiculous. But there are scheduling conflicts athletics has presented. Having the first four games at home defintely doesnt help. This process has to occur in the beginning of the semester and because of school during the week it can only occur on weekends. Therefore normally this process occurs on the weekend of an away game but since we dont have that this year we are forced to miss one of the home games

Again, why would you not be able to go if it's done outside the auspices of any Greek organization?

Im going to be there because i luckily dont have to worry about the parking or the gas financially. But some people cant afford that. They cant ride the busses because they arent allowed to tailgate in any way shape or form. Therefore the people that would want to ride the busses its just not worth it to them. Allot of people just dont want to go through the trouble. (Not my opinion but the opinion of allot)

Not to open the can of worms but this could be solved by an OCS lolololololololol

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  171

That's a real disgrace considering the issues we have with getting people in the stadium in the first place. I would quit.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386

Im going to be there because i luckily dont have to worry about the parking or the gas financially. But some people cant afford that. They cant ride the busses because they arent allowed to tailgate in any way shape or form. Therefore the people that would want to ride the busses its just not worth it to them. Allot of people just dont want to go through the trouble. (Not my opinion but the opinion of allot)

Not to open the can of worms but this could be solved by an OCS lolololololololol

Uhhh. Why can't they ride a bus?

I'm betting this can be solved by Harlan, and quickly. 

Like i said in a post earlier I think he has done great with student government but I dont think he has tapped into greek yet but I understand its a process. If he can ignite the greek community as he does with the rest of the student body the student section could be even better 

Uhhh. Why can't they ride a bus?

Busses get students there about 2 to 1.5 hours before game time. That just a long time to set around in the sun and not be able to do anything